What's new

Worked pieces-need your expertise

Joined
Sep 18, 2011
Messages
338
Reaction score
175
Golden Thread
0
I am posting pics of pieces that I believe are worked or were utilized at one point. I am trying to determine how to differentiate worked from natural flaking. I see some flakes that look to be worked but not sure it is simply from wear over the years.
Can you advise if these are legit pieces?
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    18 KB · Views: 84
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 88
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 75
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 78
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 82
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 82
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
I have far less experience than many here so take this for what it is worth. They sure look worked to me and the first one I have no doubts about. I think you are on the right track. I would sure keep looking in that area. Good luck!
 
Thanks-for the flintknappers out there-can mother nature create this type of work on a piece? I am trying to differentiate between worked pieces and mother nature effects. What are the keys to look for? Any thing that I should focus on via magnification?
thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom