What's new

Short Dig- East Texas

BCSMark

Full Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2025
Messages
120
Reaction score
469
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brazos county, Texas
My dad and I were doing some work out at our property in east Texas. Ended up having about an hour to do some digging/sifting.
He found this nice translucent broke point, made from agatized petrified wood. It even has a small pocket of crystals in it. Likely the cause of why it broke.
I found this other worked piece that seems to have been utilized based off the heavy damage/wear on one edge. Also petrified wood.
IMG_2526.webp
IMG_2550.webp
IMG_2553.webp
IMG_2546.webp
IMG_2544.webp
 
Upvote 0
My dad and I were doing some work out at our property in east Texas. Ended up having about an hour to do some digging/sifting.
He found this nice translucent broke point, made from agatized petrified wood. It even has a small pocket of crystals in it. Likely the cause of why it broke.
I found this other worked piece that seems to have been utilized based off the heavy damage/wear on one edge. Also petrified wood. View attachment 2231310View attachment 2231311View attachment 2231312View attachment 2231313View attachment 2231314
Brokes and preforms the story of the whole 2025 for me. I did find some keeps
 
Yeah I’ve been frustrated with this camp! I’ve not pulled a single complete point, but have a shelf full of brokes and preforms. Moved a lot of dirt for them too. I have plans in the near future to build a large shaker table and get in there with the tractor. We’ll see.
 
Yeah I’ve been frustrated with this camp! I’ve not pulled a single complete point, but have a shelf full of brokes and preforms. Moved a lot of dirt for them too. I have plans in the near future to build a large shaker table and get in there with the tractor. We’ll see.
I got bored last trip and walked up a feeder and found one in the water but of course it was broken 😠. Going to walk it further next trip. Might be a killer waiting on me. Good luck
 
On our property out there, there is the main creek and another feeder creek, and both of those I’ve never walked. I’m hopeful there could be another camp somewhere along the other feeder, like the one I’m digging now. I plan to walk those creeks at some point. I’ve just never found anything in a creek.
 
On our property out there, there is the main creek and another feeder creek, and both of those I’ve never walked. I’m hopeful there could be another camp somewhere along the other feeder, like the one I’m digging now. I plan to walk those creeks at some point. I’ve just never found anything in a creek.
If there is gravel it’s a good sign. If it’s full of mud and sand probably won’t find much. But there should be a campsite right around that intersection of the creeks. Maybe do a test hole. You might be in a trash pit right now if everything is broken. I’ve found some nice things in trash pits but almost everything was broken
 
My best find was this pendant I found last January. While looking in a creek always look for the hole in the stone and pick it up. Most times it’s natural but once in a while it might be something good
The design is a bear paw by NA standards
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5286.webp
    IMG_5286.webp
    513.6 KB · Views: 52

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom