What's new

Working a Muddy Region of the Farm Pays Off

Joined
Oct 5, 2014
Messages
31,916
Reaction score
35,440
Golden Thread
1
Location
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

Today, I left work early to hunt a farm field that has in the past given up some nice keepers. The temperature was in the forties, some sun and little wind…perfect! There are some very wet areas (normally I don’t hunt) on some of the fields, so this is where I would hunt. On with the boots and off into the mud I went; only got stuck twice! :BangHead: As you can imagine, this type of hunting is very slow and the dirt “weighs a ton”. Still had fun (sure beats working) and did manage to find a few keepers after a few hours.

Today’s keepers: Toasty 1836 Capped Bust ½ dime, Toasty 1914 & 194x Lincoln Cents and a button; all were no more than 3” — 5” deep. I was running the Minelab 705 in All Metal.

Maybe I can "sneak in" another hunt before the cold weather hits again on Thursday! :dontknow:

Thank you for looking,

GL & HH

Doc

CAM00868.webp CAM00869.webp
 
Upvote 38
Looks like it was a nice hunt Prof. I'd take a Capped Bust 1/2 dime anytime.
 
Cold is coming.....


(damn it)
 
Congrats on the old silver and other finds
 
That 1836 Capped Bust 1/2 dime is a Hell of a find. Big Congrats!

I'd crawl out there in all that mud for one of those without doing any whining. Not really, I'd be out there but I would be whining.

tabman
 
Yep, that's the way to think out of the box. Just be careful to not get in "over your head". LOL

What I mean is that yes, it is a good way to think but be sure you're able to handle the extra strain. There is a LOT of it in some of those harder places to hunt. I've known people who hurt themselves badly, trying to work too hard! Just to "maybe" find a lowly ole penny. ;)

Good job!
 
You are killing it lately Doc, what's your secret?
 
I love the look of that old silver coin. That baby has seen some things. Great job
 
Yeehaaa! Nice one!
 
Nice old silver, Doc. I'd crawl out in the mud for one of those!!
Maybe attach some 1/4" lumber to those boots.......or find webbed footed boots!! :laughing7:
 
That capped bust is an awesome find. Congratulations
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom