Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
Back to the elementary school doing more gridding of the previously hunted field. I spent 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 28 coins with a face value of $1.75, a 2 piece button, a vintage pin, a 1951 wheatie, a brass button, a small buckle, part of an ace bandage clip, a modern bullet, a cloth covered aluminum button, lots of foil, some can slaw and a few tabs.

DSCN3044.jpeg

The Sanforized snap type button is from the late 30s through the early 50s. It came off a denim pair of pants or a jacket.

DSCN3045.jpeg

The button is a well worn great seal military button and is partly smashed. This one was made but the C KENYON CO NEW YORK. They were made for ww1 and continued in production until 1930. The pin has a nice design on it and still has some of the original gold gilding. There was a stone in the center that is now missing.

DSCN3046.jpeg

DSCN3047.jpeg

DSCN3049.jpeg

DSCN3048.jpeg

The hunt was ok until the snow started and the wind got stronger making it kind of miserable out. Not what the weather station was calling for.

DAY 2

I went back to the new middle school to do some more gridding there. It was colder than I would like, but this will be my last opportunity this week so I went for it. The ground was frosty on top, but it was soft underneath so digging was easy.

I spent 5.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 143 coins with a face value of $6.68, a pair of keys, part of what looks like a license plate holder frame with hearts moons and stars on it, a Timex watch with a broken band (it is WATER RESISTANT but years in the ground left water inside), 3 rings, a tiny charm, a Canadian penny, 2 combination lock dials, a brass embellishment, a screw in cleat, can slaw, foil and tabs, oh my.

DSCN3050.jpeg

One of the rings has stones in it and looked really good when it popped up, but it didn’t take long to see it was costume jewelry and not the real deal darn it. The second ring is stainless steel and is in good shape. The third ring is a home made adjustable copper ring. It looks like it was varnished to keep it from turning green. One of the kids probably made it in shop class.

DSCN3051.jpeg

The tiny charm looks like silver, but from what I can find on line it probably isn’t. It is an ALEX AND ANI US D 498,167 charm from a bracket I found on line. Not sure what the numbers mean and the web site doesn’t tell you what it is made of so I doubt that it is actually silver.

DSCN3053.jpeg

DSCN3054.jpeg

The brass embellishment is really crusty, but I can make out letters around the edges that say SALUTE THE FLAG. You can see an American flag that is raised up on the front and recessed on the back and a person saluting the flag. An interesting find, but not sure what it was from or how old it is. It was a deeper one and looks like it was from the homes here before they built the school in 1965. The person looks like he might be a soldier and if so he has on a WW1 style hat. So maybe it is from the first quarter of the twentieth century.

DSCN3052.jpeg

I did find a few coins walking at the mall and in coin returns. Nothing special, but it all adds up. A other busy week so not as many hunts as usual. I will be at the beach helping my brother after his surgery and I don’t think I will get any time on the beach. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 10
DAY 1
Back to the elementary school doing more gridding of the previously hunted field. I spent 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 28 coins with a face value of $1.75, a 2 piece button, a vintage pin, a 1951 wheatie, a brass button, a small buckle, part of an ace bandage clip, a modern bullet, a cloth covered aluminum button, lots of foil, some can slaw and a few tabs.

View attachment 2134007

The Sanforized snap type button is from the late 30s through the early 50s. It came off a denim pair of pants or a jacket.

View attachment 2134008

The button is a well worn great seal military button and is partly smashed. This one was made but the C KENYON CO NEW YORK. They were made for ww1 and continued in production until 1930. The pin has a nice design on it and still has some of the original gold gilding. There was a stone in the center that is now missing.

View attachment 2134009

View attachment 2134010

View attachment 2134006

View attachment 2134011

The hunt was ok until the snow started and the wind got stronger making it kind of miserable out. Not what the weather station was calling for.

DAY 2

I went back to the new middle school to do some more gridding there. It was colder than I would like, but this will be my last opportunity this week so I went for it. The ground was frosty on top, but it was soft underneath so digging was easy.

I spent 5.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 143 coins with a face value of $6.68, a pair of keys, part of what looks like a license plate holder frame with hearts moons and stars on it, a Timex watch with a broken band (it is WATER RESISTANT but years in the ground left water inside), 3 rings, a tiny charm, a Canadian penny, 2 combination lock dials, a brass embellishment, a screw in cleat, can slaw, foil and tabs, oh my.

View attachment 2134012

One of the rings has stones in it and looked really good when it popped up, but it didn’t take long to see it was costume jewelry and not the real deal darn it. The second ring is stainless steel and is in good shape. The third ring is a home made adjustable copper ring. It looks like it was varnished to keep it from turning green. One of the kids probably made it in shop class.

View attachment 2134013

The tiny charm looks like silver, but from what I can find on line it probably isn’t. It is an ALEX AND ANI US D 498,167 charm from a bracket I found on line. Not sure what the numbers mean and the web site doesn’t tell you what it is made of so I doubt that it is actually silver.

View attachment 2134015

View attachment 2134016

The brass embellishment is really crusty, but I can make out letters around the edges that say SALUTE THE FLAG. You can see an American flag that is raised up on the front and recessed on the back and a person saluting the flag. An interesting find, but not sure what it was from or how old it is. It was a deeper one and looks like it was from the homes here before they built the school in 1965. The person looks like he might be a soldier and if so he has on a WW1 style hat. So maybe it is from the first quarter of the twentieth century.

View attachment 2134014

I did find a few coins walking at the mall and in coin returns. Nothing special, but it all adds up. A other busy week so not as many hunts as usual. I will be at the beach helping my brother after his surgery and I don’t think I will get any time on the beach. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back