World’s largest ‘treasure hoard’ worth over $20 billion may soon be found.

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A team of treasure hunters could be on the verge of unearthing the “world’s largest treasure hoard,” said to be worth over $20 billion.

The team, known as the “Temple Twelve,” have been searching in Finland for the “Lemminkainen Hoard,” which consists of gold, jewels and artifacts, since 1987.

If the hoard is discovered, it is thought it will be the most valuable haul ever found.

The group has been spending their summers searching for the treasure, working six-hour days, seven days a week.

The massive hoard is thought to include some 50,000 gemstones including rubies, sapphires, emeralds and diamonds.

Around 1,000 artifacts dating back thousands of years are also thought to be part of the hoard along with a number of 18-carat gold life-size statues.

Members of the group have traveled from all over the world, including Russia, Australia, the US, Sweden, Norway, Germany and the Netherlands, to join in the hunt.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"The group is believed to be just meters away from unearthing the treasure and think next summer could be the time when it is uncovered.

The Temple Twelve are expected to return to the site in May next year and resume working there in September."

Gee if I was only a few meters away I don't think I'd be waiting 10 months to resume the exploration of a site.:dontknow:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be the annual funding drive, you can always spot 'em when they start saying "they are close" or "on the verge". They aren't any closer then they were in 1987.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread