What's new

Worn Out....I think it is break time

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Well guys and gals. I am still here after nearly 3 years but I must say the lack of finds has given me the "itis" or however you spell it LOL. Those that have been around a while know I used to post a ton. Once upon a time I was finding a ton and loved to show the pics. Just not happenin anymore. I went on so many road trips I can't count em all. Would you believe from SE. VA I hit Delaware, West Va., Southern PA, Maryland, South Carolina and North carolina. Many of these states including my own I have hit very well. I have a found a large amount of silver but after a while if your local banks are not giving up any silver and you have traveled to every town within a days drive you might need to take a break. Oh I will probably start this up again in the fall but for now I am chilling out. Good luck and happy hunting in your neck of the woods.

Golden Silver
 
Upvote 0
I know the feeling, I have taken a break also and picked the detector up again, I will have to start again though when I make my move after the first of the year.
 
battlecat, Yeah I have thought about metal detecting again but right now I am not even motivated enough for that. BTW I remember that large collection of coins you posted way back when that was incredible. What did you end up doing with it all?

Golden Silver
 
I understand how you feel. Although I've only been hunting for 2.5 years, I can feel the worn-out feeling creeping up. I took road trips like yours too and they are comsuming. The picking is getting less and less.
 
Hey Golden Silver - good luck with your break. The silver seems to be thinning out quite a bit everywhere and from the description of your mining you got your share. :icon_thumright: - Congrats on all your previous finds. Drop back in and let us know how the break is treating you!

Maine_Jim
 
Well n waiting for you when you get back into the game!
Have a good break!

-bigJ
 
I hear you. I quit doing road trips, just not productive enough for the gas and wear and tear on the car. I only check banks when I am out doing errands. One thing I did do was switch to sorting copper and that has helped to stem the slowness in AG. As you can attest to, much of the silver has been mined out of the banks in the last few years here. I only order bank bags now and those are hot and cold. Enjoy your down time, hopefully your local banks will restock their silver wares.
 
I hear what ya mean lol :tongue3: :tongue3:
I too am on a break I was doing 8 boxes a week.
Great supply bank and great dump bank but dang :tongue3: :tongue3:
it's a lot of work sometimes for this 50 year old man I'm tired!!! Too lol !!!!
We will all get back in it when the time is right :)
Just enjoy the time off and be happy and safe.
hh gl
dan
 
Golden Silver,
You deserve a little break. You made some excellent finds on your road trips and now it's time to let the banks "re-load" for a month or two. All the good finds you made were probably coins that had been in those banks for years and luckily you wiped them out. Stay well and check in on us once in a while. All the best.
rileyboy
 
I hear ya. I take little breaks here and there. It's been about 2 weeks since my last hunt. Sometimes a break is good.
 
good luck on ur much needed break! i understand exactly how u feel! b sure to check in now and again! keep it up and happy breaking!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom