What's new

Worn out IHP

robertk

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 16, 2023
Messages
7,097
Reaction score
34,414
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a very brief hunt in at an old school yesterday. The only interesting find was this old Indian Head Penny. It was so small and thin that I thought it must surely be a dime, but it was solid green coming out of the ground so I knew it had to be copper. It's well worn, very thin, and the edges seem to have corroded back a bit as well. But hey, it's an old coin, and it's still a fun find. I don't get a lot of those.

IMG_5411.webp

IMG_5412.webp
 
Upvote 20
I got a very brief hunt in at an old school yesterday. The only interesting find was this old Indian Head Penny. It was so small and thin that I thought it must surely be a dime, but it was solid green coming out of the ground so I knew it had to be copper. It's well worn, very thin, and the edges seem to have corroded back a bit as well. But hey, it's an old coin, and it's still a fun find. I don't get a lot of those.

View attachment 2249186
View attachment 2249185
Any IHP is a winner! Congrats to you!!!
 
Yikes, that’s one funky IHP. I’d be happy with that too, congrats!
 
Well dug on the IHP, soils can be mean to coins.
Weird thing you could probably dig another one close by and it would be in great shape .
 
I wouldn't turn my nose up at it. It's been a long time since I've found an IHP and that would make my day. Judging from the rim, I'm guessing the soil there is a little harsh on pennies?
 
Great find RobertK if you don't want it you can send it to me
 
Judging from the rim, I'm guessing the soil there is a little harsh on pennies?
They're not usually this bad. They do usually turn green, but they don't generally get eaten up like this one was. Almost looks like a zinc Lincoln the way the edges are eaten up.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom