Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
**** ***** ****** *********** ********* ******* ******? ************** **** ******* ************** ** ! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
censorship is bad? if someone had told me when I got hired..

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fact of life, friend. Wherever you go, there it is.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well yeah ,but that don't mean we don't push it sometimes but if there wasn't any I wouldn't be here.

The stars make it more fun! It's like a fill in the blank!! :laughing7: I wasn't sure what the op was referring to, I related it to current events? So, maybe I read into it too far.

OP
OP
Sluice Willis

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stars make it more fun! It's like a fill in the blank!! :laughing7: I wasn't sure what the op was referring to, I related it to current events? So, maybe I read into it too far.

It's a statement about censorship in general, on the internet, in the news, in the schools, at work, anywhere it's encountered. It has nothing to do with any specific incident, just an ironic quote, as we will never know the worst thing about censorship, because it has been censored. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Sluice Willis

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the glass half full or half empty? That's open for debate depending on the outlook of the observer. It's actually neither, it's simply the wrong size. By controlling what information is available, the majority can be convinced it's either "half full" or half empty" when both answers are totally incorrect. It's kinda like when two planes almost collide in mid air, they call it a near miss, but it's actually a near crash. When they nearly miss they collide, "Holy cow those planes just ran into each other in mid air!" I know, they nearly missed!" But a near crash sounds much worse they they want it too. "Holy cow those planes almost ran into each other in mid air!" I know, they nearly crashed!" Censorship controls how we think, what we buy and how we act more than we are aware.

Sometimes we censor ourselves and don't even know it, you don't know what you don't know.

The-Thing-Holding-You-Back.jpg

Last edited:

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cup is half, wait crap where's my cup ,oh there it is it's full

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
Is the glass half full or half empty? That's open for debate depending on the outlook of the observer. It's actually neither, it's simply the wrong size. By controlling what information is available, the majority can be convinced it's either "half full" or half empty" when both answers are totally incorrect. It's kinda like when two planes almost collide in mid air, they call it a near miss, but it's actually a near crash. When they nearly miss they collide, "Holy cow those planes just ran into each other in mid air!" I know, they nearly missed!" But a near crash sounds much worse they they want it too. "Holy cow those planes almost ran into each other in mid air!" I know, they nearly crashed!" Censorship controls how we think, what we buy and how we act more than we are aware.

Sometimes we censor ourselves and don't even know it, you don't know what you don't know.

If it was simply the wrong size, it would be like putting 32 oz in a 1 oz cup, or 1 oz in a 32 oz cup. To me that would be the wrong size. I think "half full" and "half empty" are both correct. Unless you know if the cup was being filled or emptied.
If I was on the side of a mountain, in the middle between the top and the bottom. Would I be "half way" up the mountain or "halfway" down the mountain? If you asked me, it would depend where I started. If I got there from the top of the mountain, then I would be "half way" down the mountain. If I started from the bottom, I would be "half way" up the mountain. If I asked you, it would depend on where you were, or if you knew my direction of travel. That would determine the correct answer.
So, if you knew if the cup was being filled or emptied, that would determine if it was "half full" or "half empty". If you didn't know the direction, both answers are right, rather than neither.
To me "near" and "nearly" have two different meaninings. A "near miss" would be a miss, but was near or close. "Nearly miss" would be to almost miss.
Right now I am nearly confused and half crazy.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Censorship is like a box of chocolates......

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1122241

"Holy cow, the planes nearly crashed in mid air!" or " The planes just missed each other in mid air" or " Wow, those pilots have awesome skills!!" controls the mental image(?) of the event. It will also distort or control the memory of the event later on in the future when recalling what happened!:icon_scratch::tongue3::censored:

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"When an individual such as an author or other creator engages in censorship of their own works or speech, it is called self-censorship."
"There are no laws against self-censorship."

What about Directed(?) censorship? To send you in the direction the author wants you to go without your understanding of knowledge of the direction they are sending you!:tongue3: Censoring you from all the information available or options that exist.

I guess that wouldn't be the author, it would be the publishing company!:laughing7:

Now, I lost myself in the thread! :laughing7: Hold on......I have to find a map!

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds like a trick question. Ha I'm thinking that by censoring (restricting) you they are not sending you in a direction but are attempting to keep you from going in another. Which they can because it would be their creation.

Ya, I'm getting mixed up...The definition of censorship is broad. as an example, this site can censor whatever it wants. I support that! Now, if the site was censored and told what they could or could not do or allow people to say on their site? I don't agree with that.

So, I guess it would have to be broken down...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about Directed(?) censorship? To send you in the direction the author wants you to go without your understanding of knowledge of the direction they are sending you!:tongue3: Censoring you from all the information available or options that exist.

I guess that wouldn't be the author, it would be the publishing company!:laughing7:

Now, I lost myself in the thread! :laughing7: Hold on......I have to find a map!

Directed censorship? Seems that falls more into reader or listener's responsibility and less in author's responsibility, it is "our" job to be informed and look for alternative answers and viewpoints. Unfortunately many don't which is why we have (censored in censored)..

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Directed censorship? Seems that falls more into reader or listener's responsibility and less in author's responsibility, it is "our" job to be informed and look for alternative answers and viewpoints. Unfortunately many don't which is why we have (censored in censored)..

I agree, Unless the authors are censored. Maybe, blocking or "protecting" us from information is where I was headed. Directing us with censorship? :dontknow:

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if a pair of hard nipples is appropriate so I won't make that decision.----

View attachment 1122313

Yes! It depends on how you need to bleed the system!

The new self bleeders work wonders!

My leg hurts just seeing those! I worked in a shop at night and Before the self bleeders I was the one that had to go up on the lift and pump the pedal! lol I was skinny enough to fit between the door and the rack post, so I always got that job!

Last edited:

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
Nice find, thanks for sharing

That's what I post, when I don't post what I am really thinking.

So, have I censored myself, has the forum censored me, both, or neither?

If someone understands what is meant by that post (nice find, thanks for sharing) is it really censored?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions