Worth further exploration?

payne

Sep 24, 2013
Came across this on a piece of land we just picked up. The previous owners had padded the land for development, then lost it back in the real estate crash. I went out to walk it in its entirety this past week and found a ton of quartz that had been moved in the clearing process, as well as a pretty large quartz outcropping. It seems to be iron stained IMO, and there is an absolutely ridiculous amount of mica in weathered rock. This site is in a gold producing region, and not far from several producing mines.

Curious to hear your thoughts on whether this warrants further exploration?

image-2575773501.jpg

image-1673750617.jpg

image-788774448.jpg

image-2903078328.jpg

image-426344011.jpg

image-4180648774.jpg

image-113455848.jpg

image-3607363126.jpg

image-2095373115.jpg

image-3607363126.jpg

image-2986402232.jpg

5th pic is the outcropping, sorry there is no point of reference. I'd say it stand approx 5' out of the ground and is about the size of a large SUV. The next pic, with my boot in there, is where I was standing when I took the outcropping pic. This rock is part of the formation, but it only out of the ground a foot or so. Im assuming those lines are glacial striations?

The last pic looks to me like "sugar" quartz, which I thought may be important from a prospectors perspective.

Never hurts to look does it? Any streams in the area? That would be easieat, but running a detector over the property can't hurt either. But I'm no expert, just a bored old guy looking for adventure...

I'm just learning,,,but,,never hurts to crush and pan a few samples. Go on line and get the bedrock geology report for the area and see what the gold in the area travels in,,you might get lucky and have an exposed contact on your property..definatly worth putting a little time into. Imo

look for more Mineral Color (Red Rusty goodness particularly), and bust off a good portion of it (to get past natural leaching of mother nature) and remember one miner struck it rich, the miner 4 feet over went stark raving mad and starved to death.

Break out the hammers and chisels and hack around some . Only one way
to know for sure . Keep detailed records from the start . Even if you bust
back for a few months only to realize your in some dead rock and have to
move on and feel like all that detailing was a waste of time .......... it's not .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back