What's new

WORTHLESS ODDITIES Saturday, September 18th, 2010 (with photographs)

Half-Hound

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2010
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
My Nose
Found some junk this week-end:

Item #1: 1971 D Kennedy Half Someone had chucked this coin in a machine lathe and milled away metal to a depth of about ½ the thickness. The machinist either wanted to see what was on the inside of this coin or is one VERY SERIOUS Coin Roll Hunter marking his clad rejects!

Item #2: Pot Metal Replica of 1977 IKE Dollar I found it while crossing (I was walking) a street. It is a cast and looks like it was made to be fitted (pressed/hammered) over the end of a large wooden dowel. I have never seen anything like this before.

I also recovered two 1964 halves and six 40% halves, a 1776-1976 S Proof clad half and my first 2010 half from a half box; and a 1958 dime and two 1963 dimes from a dime box this week-end. The Bicentennial Proof has only very minor abrasions on the mirror fields and is a really nice coin. Too bad for me it is only nickel-copper clad and not silver. The 2010 half was surprisingly beat up for a first year coin – it was not at all a specimen with “eye appeal.”
Thanks for sharing my finds.

Half Hound (118 silver halves – 6 silver dimes)
 

Attachments

  • LITE Worthless Oddities - 1crop.webp
    LITE Worthless Oddities - 1crop.webp
    150.6 KB · Views: 588
  • LITE Worthless Oddities - 2 crop.webp
    LITE Worthless Oddities - 2 crop.webp
    141.7 KB · Views: 598
Upvote 0
:laughing7: HAHAHAHA I can tell you exactly what that IKE dollar replica is. It is an HERB GRINDER. And
when I say herb i do not mean rosemary, thyme, basil, and parsley. I mean weed, or marijuana. Hey guys I know the majority of this forum is lots of working class people that like to crack a few beers and CRH. But with various cases of alcoholism that I have seen in my extended family, I do not drink, apart from a couple beers while BBQ'in. But now, without being judged, I feel that I can divulge my little personal indulgence of HERB while CRHing. Anybody else out there indulge in a little HERB while CRH'in? Please don't think negatively of me as I am a very peaceful quiet guy who just loves his coins, history, and GREENERY. I gotta tell you HALF-HOUND, That is truly a CRHers HERB GRINDER.

By the way great finds. :thumbsup:
 
The half looks like a magician coin with the back and/or hidden coins missing.
 
endthefed13 said:
:laughing7: HAHAHAHA I can tell you exactly what that IKE dollar replica is. It is an HERB GRINDER. And
when I say herb i do not mean rosemary, thyme, basil, and parsley. I mean weed, or marijuana. Hey guys I know the majority of this forum is lots of working class people that like to crack a few beers and CRH. But with various cases of alcoholism that I have seen in my extended family, I do not drink, apart from a couple beers while BBQ'in. But now, without being judged, I feel that I can divulge my little personal indulgence of HERB while CRHing. Anybody else out there indulge in a little HERB while CRH'in? Please don't think negatively of me as I am a very peaceful quiet guy who just loves his coins, history, and GREENERY. I gotta tell you HALF-HOUND, That is truly a CRHers HERB GRINDER.

By the way great finds. :thumbsup:

:laughing7:
 
endthefed13, if you hadn't ID'd the Ike, I would have. Nothing wrong with weed, if you ask me, either. If my current employer didn't like to sample my urine, I'm sure I could find ways to make CRH'ing a little more "greener".

Anyway, cool finds. Someone that lost their Ike is now having to break up there pot the old fashinoned way :laughing9:

HH to all,
Legend
 
Howdy fellow CRHers,

I'll bet the person who lost that grinder is missing it. A different grinder popped up in the Today's Finds a while back and was properly ID'ed. I guess the saying is true: "Only users lose drugs!" I like coins a whole big bunch, but I also like the green stuff, if you know what I mean. ;D I can't indulge anymore, but I sure had me some high 'ol times. :tongue3:

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Kantuckkeean said:
Howdy fellow CRHers,

I'll bet the person who lost that grinder is missing it. A different grinder popped up in the Today's Finds a while back and was properly ID'ed. I guess the saying is true: "Only users lose drugs!" I like coins a whole big bunch, but I also like the green stuff, if you know what I mean. ;D I can't indulge anymore, but I sure had me some high 'ol times. :tongue3:

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
Kantuckkeean,
Your state ranks 3rd behind my state (#2 Tennessee) and #1 California in production. HAHA. I must say I used to help increase TN's numbers, but not anymore.

HH and smokin,
Legend
 
...and pot doesn't lead to harder drugs......but it has led me to my fridge late at night....

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.

Happy rolling and un-rolling all!

Greg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom