Would the Nokta fors handle pickers?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still in the market for a good all around land machine, something that can handle relic hunting, coin shooting, and even picker hunting. If such a beast exist? I'm only going to have room for one land machine and a few coils so I need to to get the most bang for my buck. Already got the Excal and various coils for all of my water hunting.

Here's a link to the machine in question:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/b...-core-beach-review-new-detector-consider.html

Upvote 0
Got the wrong detector, they sent me the core instead of the gold. Since I bought it through pay pal, I have to pay for shipping. Don't know if it was my mistake or not. Didn't know they were the same price.

Got the wrong detector, they sent me the core instead of the gold. Since I bought it through pay pal, I have to pay for shipping. Don't know if it was my mistake or not. Didn't know they were the same price.
If its Nokta error I would think they would fix the error. Did you buy on eBay? If you did go look at the auction and see what you bought.

Last edited:
Still recovering from head/ neck injury, but made it out to a friends property to try some new area for a bit. But unfortunatly tresspassing detectorist had allready gone thru the place, which seems to be a big problem around Redding. But the fors gold did good and still got a couple small ones deeper. Hopefully soon i can get back to swinging a whole day .

ForumRunner_20141125_174819.png

Question on the coils? 3 coils. in the video I think they are using the standard coil. Is it to use the smallest when looking for gold or does the type of ground determine that?

All 3 coils will find gold. Small coils usually will find the smallest flecks of gold all the way up to bigger stuff. But with less depth. And biggest coil will find gold a little deeper. The bigger ones scan a larger area at once so they can get more interference from hot rocks and trash metals. The small ones are nicer to run in really trashing areas to pick up gold in between the junk targets. The standard coil is a good choice for in between the largest and smallest. It balances good in bad mineralized ground and has good depth. If it is too chattery . Turn down the sensitivity a little.

I also really enjoy the small coil for bedrock hunting and tight area's.

The standard coil is what I have swung the most so far (The few times that I have been well enough to go out) and DAMN that thing is awesome.
From tiny buckshot at 3" to a pickaxe head at over 10" she is a GREAT all around coil.

The big coil is awesome for covering a lot of ground, hitting deeper targets and tailings piles.

Have to get a hold of Kellyco because they sent me the Gold Standard , not the Pro package which was the same price as the Fors Core. May just use that and get the rest later as long as I'm not charged for the Pro model. 2nd time. Unfortunate. $57 to ship back the Core pro the first time.

I was refunded $379 and got the standard without the other coils and attachments. It is strange to me why they would do that when I paid the $1399. Go figure. Wouldn't it to have been to their benefit to try to sell me on the Pro model? When I talked to the sales person she just took it in stride as no big deal. Don't think I will deal with them again.

Last edited:
Armchair prospector, I am very sorry that you had that experience and I'm honestly not too happy with how that went down according to your posts here. Please contact me directly at 4076998700 ext 102. I'd like to see if there is anything I can do to rectify the situation for you. Just know I'm here to help, we absolutely do not want to lose your business or make your experience here at Kellyco a negative one.

Thank you for calling in. We're going to get this rectified for you immediately.

AC, you should not had to pay to ship it back if it was not your fault if KC shipped the wrong MD. They should have emailed you a shipping label.

Thank you for calling in. We're going to get this rectified for you immediately.

Sounds like Chris is getting it rectified asap....

Talked to Chris a couple of hours ago. The problem has not been rectified as of yet. Was hoping just to send the Standard unit back and get the Pro unit instead. Seems black and white. Still waiting to hear back from Chris.

I said it was being rectified, as in progress, as Chris said "we are going to get this rectified for you"..

We're actually putting all of the additional accessories that would've been in the Pro Package together for you right now. I'll call you a little bit later so we can get it squared away. Thanks for your patience. Maybe they'll let me keep the other Nokta FORS Gold! Kidding...but I'd love to have one.

With Kellyco the only US distributor/dealer, and with the manufacturer in Turkey- it's especially important that KC do their part right. Really good to see them monitoring this forum and taking steps to fix the problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back