What's new

Would you "call in sick" to metal detect?

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
1,221
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Let's say 8-10 inches of topsoil has been removed from a site that has produced 1800s silver and relics. If you had a one day opportunity to metal detect site, would you relinquish your daily obligations to detect said site before it's under concrete?
Your opinions please...
Thanks
Peace
 
If i was not retired .. I sure would.. And sure did...
 
Last edited:
I gave up working lots of days to Hunt, fish, and detect.
 
i think a full time job would take up too much of ones time if not a skilled laborer,go for it, could make alot in one day,or just get a bang out of doing what you want too dothat day
 
Sounds like you got the fever, I would say you are sick :dontknow:
 
Darrow, sick ain't the word. More like mental! I'm taking off work til the rebar is covered w concrete!
Peace
 
now thats the spirit cincinnatikid
 
I never call in when I am sick I go to work. Now I call off work when I want to do something that I like to do like fishing, hunting, and YES metal detecting need any help
 
Yes... for sure.....
 
My detecting buddy takes a 2 hour "lunch break" to go metal detecting in the old woods around his work place.

Coinman123,
 
My detecting buddy takes a 2 hour "lunch break" to go metal detecting in the old woods around his work place. Coinman123,

I work field service and get to drive all around the pittsburgh area. I spend every lunch break every day at a differnt location. If I get one good find in my 30-40 min I am happy

Bob
 
As much as I would love to................................no.
 
If I wasn't the boss... HELL YA!
 
Don't tell my guys.....
 
I plea the fifth Lol!

It hasn't ocurred to me...yet, to call in sick. I've got my detector not too long ago, just before the weather turned.
So, I'm sure I could use some 3-day weekend next Summer if I can plan out a promising hunt that'd make it worth a shot...
 
I've been working in the same industry for 28 years. Only once have I called off of work, and that was because a drunk driver plowed into me on the way to work one night (car totalled, trip to ER). I figure that they didn't hire me because they wanted me to stay home.

I might take a vacation day to go detecting, but there is no way that I'd call off.
 
I've been working in the same industry for 28 years. Only once have I called off of work, and that was because a drunk driver plowed into me on the way to work one night (car totalled, trip to ER). I figure that they didn't hire me because they wanted me to stay home.

I might take a vacation day to go detecting, but there is no way that I'd call off.
I hear you.
I'm not good at that.
The first time I called off, I felt guilty. You're basicaly lying, and that's a tough feeling.
I get plenty vacation and a couple floating hollidays I could use, but frankly, having the weekends off is plenty time...
 
I've been working in the same industry for 28 years. Only once have I called off of work, and that was because a drunk driver plowed into me on the way to work one night (car totalled, trip to ER). I figure that they didn't hire me because they wanted me to stay home.

I might take a vacation day to go detecting, but there is no way that I'd call off.

That is terrible that you were hurt by a drunk driver! I hope you are well now.
 
of course

I'd just call it too nice of a day to stay inside
 
That is terrible that you were hurt by a drunk driver! I hope you are well now.

Thanks for asking.

That was a long time ago, when I was young and flexible. I was sore as heck for a few days, but thankfully no lasting injury.

Happened the day before I was supposed to leave for vacation. Wasn't able to go on account of my car being about 5' shorter than normal:laughing7:
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom