Would you pay $3.00 to get rid of a box of halves????

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250. Are there others?
I get my halves from two different CU's (two boxes from one on Tuesday and two boxes from one on Thursday) and once in a while one from another bank. Getting them is easy. It's been getting rid of them. I have accounts at other banks but they all want them ROLLED. ( I do take some rolls to one bank from time to time) I have choices of taking them to one of the CU's loose at $200 at a time and they run them through the counter then give me the 200 bux. Anything over 200 they charge and it's not cheap. One bank will take them box at a time if they are all rolled (that's a pain in the arse). BUT...............

The one bank let's me bring in $500 loose in a bag. (I've been using those plastic grocery bags tripled up) and all I need to do is sit them on the counter, they hand me $500 and I walk out the door. They have my account number in the vault on the wall (I only have an account there for dumps) and then they charge me $3.00. At the price of gas, the pain of getting rid of four boxes a week it's the best deal for me. They have no problem with me bringing them in, they get an extra 3 bux and it saves me a lot of time and gas going from bank to bank....

Question.......
Deal, or no deal???

Upvote 0

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
You might want to check to see if they will waive the fee if you supply a bank bag? Your cost would be ~$1.40 per bag but I think you can put $1K in a bag.

65GT350

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would I pay...not with my current volume of coins.

Now if I was finding enough silver such that I dramatically increased my volumes to the point where banks were going to complain about how much I was cashing in I would consider it. Currently I cash in a lot weekly, but since I switched jobs about 2 months ago I drive by a lot more banks and have even more places to spread out my cash ins than I did before that, I rarely show up more than once a month on a busy month and usually its only been once every two months or so. But if I was continually rolling through enough volume that I needed to frequent a particular bank daily or every other day with thousands of dollars worth (or similar volume of smaller denom stuff), yes I might consider paying a fee.

OP
OP
Rosco Bookbinder

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
65gt350 said:
You might want to check to see if they will waive the fee if you supply a bank bag? Your cost would be ~$1.40 per bag but I think you can put $1K in a bag.
65GT350

Been there done that. When I first started with the bank I would bring in a cloth bag with the 500 bux and she would give me an empty one no problem. Then the Loomis guys stopped using the cloth ones. They only use the plastic now. Problem is, they need to write all the info on the bag first. She won't let me have that info to put on the bags before I fill them. And yes, they ship out a thousand at a time. The three bux a dump is well worth it to me. I save that in gas not going from bank to bank........

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Would you pay $3.00 to get rid of a box of halves????

Nope.

And I have to re-roll everything and write my name on each roll. They wanted account info/phone but I made a stink about that.

I always drop two grand at a time, that way they can "send them off" ~ and I always deposit to my account, never take cash on that transaction.

Just a couple of tips that works for me.

Robin

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Rosco Bookbinder said:
65gt350 said:
65GT350

Been there done that. When I first started with the bank I would bring in a cloth bag with the 500 bux and she would give me an empty one no problem. Then the Loomis guys stopped using the cloth ones. They only use the plastic now. Problem is, they need to write all the info on the bag first. She won't let me have that info to put on the bags before I fill them. And yes, they ship out a thousand at a time. The three bux a dump is well worth it to me. I save that in gas not going from bank to bank........

Is it possible that they wont give you the information because you don't have an account at the CU? That would make sense on why they can't give you the information. If you had an account you would just put your account information on the bag.

Also is it three dollars a dump or a box?

65GT350

OP
OP
Rosco Bookbinder

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
65gt350 said:
Is it possible that they wont give you the information because you don't have an account at the CU? That would make sense on why they can't give you the information. If you had an account you would just put your account information on the bag.
Also is it three dollars a dump or a box?
65GT350

I have an account there. It's a regular bank. Not sure what the deal is but I don't have a problem with it. I bring in the 500 in coins in a bag, they give me 500 bux cash and I get charged 3 bux. When they have a 1000 they ship them out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread