What's new

WOW...A 1955 Double Die Cent!

M-Squared

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2007
Messages
424
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
According to my blurry vision (...comes with the onset of middle age along with other adjustments one has to make!) I managed a 1955-D double die variety that once put under a magnifier glass you will see that it is ... NOT!!!

Oh darn!

One more thing.. The second picture is taken of another object managed today that is one tiny step above a pull tab in terms of desireability atleast in M-Squared's book of valuables.

HH from MM
 

Attachments

  • Jun2007 084 (Large).webp
    Jun2007 084 (Large).webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 2,049
  • Jun2007 086 (Large).webp
    Jun2007 086 (Large).webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,991
Upvote 0
I'm considered middle aged and my eyes see a very rare 1955 triple die cent :D

HH,
Nat
 
Squared,
That had to been a kick in the pants. Thanks for posting it though.
I know what you mean by middle aged eyesight. I thought I was dating twins, but once I bought glasses, I realized it was just ONE big girl. :(
Have a great w/end,
MM
 
Man :'( too bad that 55 double die would have been real nice
at the end of each day i always look through all my pocket change in hopes
of finding one of those kinda of rarities.

Nice digs regardless
keep diggin em up one day you'll find one
atleast thats what i tell my self.

HH
 
:D I know zackly what yer talkin' bout! Still a nice find, though! Could'a been a regular penny! ;)

Nana ;)
 
Congrats on your find
 
First give away was the D 55 double has no D

That happen to me with a 22 that had a weak D

Heart stopper they are
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom