What's new

Wow....cool find in my morning change....

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
1,342
Reaction score
103
Golden Thread
0
Every morning during the week on the way to work, I stop at a convenience store to get lunch munchies and a paper and stuff.

So this morning, everything went as usual. The dude who works there gave me my change, which was 92 cents. I pocketed my change and went on to work.

So about half an hour ago, I decided to get a snack out of a vending machine we have here. I pulled my change out, and was getting ready to put the first quarter in for an item that costs 60 cents.

It looked kinda funny, and upon closer inspection, I found it was a 1964 Washington! So I looked over the other change I had gotten this morning, and out of the 3 quarters I got in change, 2 were 1964, and the third was 1962!

I called the store a moment ago, and asked the cashier to look in his quarter bin. I told him I would give him 2X face for anything he found older than 1964. I will see if he found any more when I go by there tomorrow morning.

Funny, yesterday I stopped at another convenience store, and I got a 1947 wheatback penny in my change. Seems I am on a roll!
;D

In the meantime, here is a pic of this morning's haul:
mwfvk5.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Shouldn't be so greedy and offer him 4 times face. You'll still double your money and he'll be less likely to realize that he can get much more somewhere else (or figure that it's not worth the drive when you are coming to him to buy them).
 
XX said:
Shouldn't be so greedy and offer him 4 times face. You'll still double your money and he'll be less likely to realize that he can get much more somewhere else (or figure that it's not worth the drive when you are coming to him to buy them).

Heh...firstlyI doubt there will be any more. Secondly, his boss knows I collect silver coins. Thirdly, he is not going to figure it is not worth my drive to come buy them, because it doesn't cost me anything to go there....I stop there on my way to work EVERY MORNING. ;D

So I will see what happens.

Greedy? Over a quarter or two? Yeah right. ;)
 
I hope you nail some more tomorrow morning that they guy set aside for you!

I'm thinking that you got 2 quarters that some old person used to buy something, because most stores use sealed rolls of coins, and you don't normally get more than one or two silver from a single one of those, especially with quarters!

Sweet morning haul!

~Dave
 
Nice haul, MF!!!
Hope you clean up on the rest!

XX said:
Shouldn't be so greedy and offer him 4 times face. You'll still double your money and he'll be less likely to realize that he can get much more somewhere else (or figure that it's not worth the drive when you are coming to him to buy them).

Greed????????????????????????????
1/2 face would be greedy.
 
Well, they had nothing this morning.

Surprise, surprise.

Can't complain though. They gave me a little over $5 for free, when taking into account each one is worth at least 2 dollars.
 
Imagine the silver in change you missed by being on the road for almost a month! =)

Grats nevertheless!

~Dave
 
LOL! I did not mean that literally. I meant '25 days later'. I stop at that gas station without fail, every morning Monday thru Friday. :wink: I found out last week there HAS been some other silver there....someone else they know at the station told them he had gotten some in his change he got from there soon after I got those quarters.

Some is better than none! :D
 
You need to find the source of this silver! Make the guy who works the register eye all the change and see who brings in the silver stuff!

~Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom