Wow! It is humid!!!

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Couldnā€™t stay in the house this afternoon. 94 degrees F and feels like 103. Im glad I went. I got a decent mix of items. Lots of nails and tin, an old chain with one clasp, head stamp (canā€™t read it yet), 1/4ā€ drive socket (Milwaukee, circa 2006), square nail, 2 non-ferrous discs(music box?), and an axe head (broken). Medicine/syringe bottle. Ive seen several axe & hatchet heads on T Net lately. I was pretty excited on this one, until I saw it wasnā€™t complete. Im guessing it has some age. Iā€™m trying to dig every day possible. Some of us canā€™t go anymore. I figure Iā€™ll go while I can. Even a few nails is an ok day IF you are grateful! Nuf sed!ā˜®ļø

Attachments

• IMG_1836.jpeg
    IMG_1836.jpeg
    881.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1837.jpeg
    IMG_1837.jpeg
    455.9 KB · Views: 19

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those two non-ferrous discs almost look like part of an old combination lock. When I was a kid we had little "safes" that had a mechanism that used discs like that -- but they had a shaft through the middle to turn them to line things up to open it. I don't see holes in yours.

LostinGeorgia

Aug 21, 2023
Couldnā€™t stay in the house this afternoon. 94 degrees F and feels like 103. Im glad I went. I got a decent mix of items. Lots of nails and tin, an old chain with one clasp, head stamp (canā€™t read it yet), 1/4ā€ drive socket (Milwaukee, circa 2006), square nail, 2 non-ferrous discs(music box?), and an axe head (broken). Medicine/syringe bottle. Ive seen several axe & hatchet heads on T Net lately. I was pretty excited on this one, until I saw it wasnā€™t complete. Im guessing it has some age. Iā€™m trying to dig every day possible. Some of us canā€™t go anymore. I figure Iā€™ll go while I can. Even a few nails is an ok day IF you are grateful! Nuf sed!ā˜®ļø
New to the site and to detecting. I just started in May of this year and finding a lot of the same items you are. In Georgia on 300 plus acres with 4 known (so far) old homesites/farms. Go out looking almost every day in the mornings. Enjoy your pictures

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
New to the site and to detecting. I just started in May of this year and finding a lot of the same items you are. In Georgia on 300 plus acres with 4 known (so far) old homesites/farms. Go out looking almost every day in the mornings. Enjoy your pictures
Thank you and welcome. I really believe the secret to success is persistence. I try to go every day also. Today I found 2 horseshoe nails, a fingernail file and an old CocaCola bottle cap. Way better than TV! I look forward to your posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread