Wow talking about leaving it to anyone

jasonbo

Nov 1, 2005
Round Rock, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace250 / Cibola
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=2048728
Here is a rare, one of a kind coin collection with some pieces dating from the 1600's to around the mid. 1940's. There are six heavy cardboard display pages with 72 different coins from around the world. Most all of the coins are titled and dated. It's unfortunate that I can not describe and photograph each one. Some of the page titles I see are: Silver Ecus (Louis XVI Royal Period 1776 - Third Republic 1875 - Louis XVIII 1824 - Louis Philippe I 1838) Napoleon II & III Centimes (1800's to 1960's) - Tunisie zinc Centimes (1920's to 40's) - Henry IV 1609, Louis XIV 1613-14, Louis XIII 1618, Louis XIII Maria 1624, Louis XIII 1634, Louis XIII 1641, Louis XIV 1656, Louis XIV 1662, Louis XIV 1664 & 65. The last page in the book is full of American pennies dated from 1857 to 1907. This book measures 9 1/4" long, 6 1/2" wide, 1 1/2" deep and is marked on the inside cover "National Made in USA Patented N54-19166 Wayte Raymond, Inc. New York". The book looks like it may have been buried or kept in a hidden spot where it was exposed to moisture. There is a mildew odor and the pages have water spots. I am not a coin expert and this set has not been appraised. I will answer questions to the best of my ability and provide additional specific photos at your request. We got two of these collections with a loose assortment of paper notes that you can view in our other auctions. The coins are being offered by Missoula, Montana Goodwill

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=2048941
Here is the second book of our rare, one of a kind coin collection with pieces dating back to the early 1600's. There are six heavy cardboard display pages with approx. 47 coins from around the world. Most of the coins are labeled and dated. Unfortunately I can not describe and photograph each one. Some of the titles and marks I see are: France republic Centimes from 1905 to 1935 - Louis Philippe I, 1835, 18738, 1846, 1845 - Louis XIII 1613, Louis XIII 1614, Louis XIV 1681, Louis XVI 1656, Charles X 1823, Louis 1725, Louis Philippe I 1839 - Henry IV 1608, Henry IV 1609, Henry IV 1612, Louis III 1613, 1721 De La Rochelle "struck over another piece" - Napoleon III 1869 silver Franc - Louis XVI and Napoleon coins from the 1700 & 1800's. The coin book measures 9 1/4" long, 6 1/2" wide, 1 1/2" thick and is marked on the inside cover "national - Made in USA - patented N54-1966 Wayte Raymond, Inc. New York". The book looks like it may have been buried or kept in a hidden spot where it was exposed to moisture. There is a mildew odor and the pages show water marks. I am not a coin expert and this set has not been appraised, but will answer your questions to the best of my ability and and provide additional specific photos at your request. We received two of these collections along with a stack of paper notes that you can view in our other auctions. The coins are being offered by Missoula, Montana Goodwill

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the links!

I remember when GoodWill used to sell this stuff right out of their stores. Back before ebay, someone probably would have picked these up for a fraction of what they're worth.

Years ago I bought and entire album of 1900-1910 real photo postcards for less than $2.

Those days are gone. Today almost all good finds are taken from the store and put online. But, Goodwill is still good for clothes. Many of their trinkets are higher priced than you can buy them new at discount stores.

I buy a piece of scrap stainless steel from them once and a while for electrolysis.

O

Ole Mole

Heck, you can find just about anything at Goodwill. A close personal friend of mine went into the local GW and found a black plastic box about 10 or so inches high and about 6 inches square thinking that he would use it to store screwdrivers and the like in it. When he turned it over to see what the price was he noticed that it said "Here within are the cremations of So and So." This is not a joke and he took it to the cashier and told her that they may want to do something with it other than setting out for resale.
Like he told me "You really can buy just about anything from the Goodwill."

OP
OP
jasonbo

jasonbo

Nov 1, 2005
Round Rock, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace250 / Cibola
Yeah im a huge beliver of goodwills

Here in austin we have weekly auctions for stuff they think is vauleable (usally there far off) but i do get alot of rare artwork from local goodwills

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
All who get out-bid on this Lot should go to church Sunday, get down on their hands & knees & PRAISE GOD that they did not get stuck with these for the price they are going for now ( $1500+ )

"Trust me"

::)

L

Lucky one

Ol' Mole said:
Heck, you can find just about anything at Goodwill. A close personal friend of mine went into the local GW and found a black plastic box about 10 or so inches high and about 6 inches square thinking that he would use it to store screwdrivers and the like in it. When he turned it over to see what the price was he noticed that it said "Here within are the cremations of So and So." This is not a joke and he took it to the cashier and told her that they may want to do something with it other than setting out for resale.
Like he told me "You really can buy just about anything from the Goodwill."

you can find anything in GW stores

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread