What's new

Wow! TONS of proofs, plus lots of silver!!

Coinkid

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
355
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sarasota, FL
I picked up two $1000 bags of halves from my local Bank of America today. To start off the day right, I noticed some halves in the teller's tray. 14 halves, 13 40%'ers. Not a bad start ;D

I lugged the bags to my car, and right away I noticed that one of them, a canvas bag, was from a person that must dump in my area. Oh well. But as I put the other bag in the car, which was of the clear plastice variety, I see about 3 silver, one of which was a '64. Not bad!

I couldn't wait to get home, and when everything was tallied up, this came out to be one of my best bags ever!

Here are the numbers:

1- 1935P WL Half
2- 1952 Franklins, one P, one D
1- 1957 Franklin Half Proof (Nice!!)
13- 1964's
2- 1965's
10- 1966's
9- 1967's
21- 1968D's
7- 1969D's

Now, all the would have made me VERY happy, but there were also a whopping 42 proofs (excluding the Franklin!) in the bag, including 2 complete 1994-2002 runs!! Here's the break down...

4-1994 Silver (The picture only shows 3 because I accidentally put a silver one with the clads.)
1-2001 Silver

4-1988's
5-1994's
2-1995's
4-1996's
2-1997's
6-1998's
3-1999's
5-2000's
2-2001's
3-2002's

Oh yeah, and a clad 1986 Statue of Liberty Commem!


Here's some pictures!!
Halffinds4-17-08006.jpg

Halffinds4-17-08007.jpg


Halffinds4-17-08011.jpg


Halffinds4-17-08004.jpg

Halffinds4-17-08005.jpg


Halffinds4-17-08009.jpg


Halffinds4-17-08002.jpg

Halffinds4-17-08003.jpg


Not bad, huh?


-Paul
 
Upvote 0
Nice score

Congrats
Cat
 
Sounds like an excellent day. Congrats on the fertile hunting ground!
 
Way to go!! That was obviously a collection that was released into the wild. I can't imagine a collector who goes to all that trouble to build it and save it over the years would just take it into the bank to dump. Probably a family member who needed the cash and knew nothing about coins.

I found a box like that when I first started out (not near the number of proofs, but it had 12 or so of different years plus some good silver coins). It spoils you to get a find like that. Makes the average non-skunk boxes seem less good.

Jim
 
Oh man.....nice...very nice day!!! The pictures are great too. Congrats!!

On the proofs.....great total!!! Very good day all around.
 
That is a wicked good haul especially all those proofs(wow) plus a nice variety of keepers , congrats :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom