Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you've read Lisa's thread, then you know what a day we had! If not..then here's the link..

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,148919.0.html :wink:

After helping her gather/dig up all that great stuff, I managed to find a few keepers.

1960 Rosie
Two 1945D Silver war nickels
A Buffalo nickel
Ten Wheats, the oldest being 1910
Two tax tokens, one from Bama and one from Louisiana. Guess that find was preparing me for the LA hunt in April! :icon_biggrin:
A neat Fob..has "Think Safety" on the back
Two miners' tags
A lead seal with what looks like the number 85
A neat locket that says, "This is your life"
Change
Hem weight
buttons
100_0785.jpg

100_0787.jpg

100_0788.jpg

A Navy button? Don't have a clue on the era...anybody? Still has the round shank, but it's so crusty, I can't read anything on it.
100_0786.jpg

And these things were everywhere!
100_0792.jpg
And the pocket watch, and the fork. :)

And the junk.... :wink:
100_0793.jpg

Had a fun day!

Nana :wink:

Upvote 0
You guys are just the best! Thanks for the great replies!

roswellborn said:
Lookin' forward to hearing more about the button, too
HH
Nan ::)

Me too, Ros! :D Stoney did send me some info last night on it.
http://www.civilwaroutpost.com/m7_view_item.html?m7:item=BT79
This one is close, but not quite the same. I tried to clean it a bit, so here's a better pic and a pic of the back...
100_0832.jpg

100_0826.jpg

Thanks again, ya'll! It's great to have such an awesome group of folks to share adventures with!

Nana :)

That's a lot of neat goodies Nana.
Congrats on a great hunt :thumbsup:

Nana40 said:
You guys are just the best! Thanks for the great replies!

roswellborn said:
Lookin' forward to hearing more about the button, too
HH
Nan ::)

Me too, Ros! :D Stoney did send me some info last night on it.
http://www.civilwaroutpost.com/m7_view_item.html?m7:item=BT79
This one is close, but not quite the same. I tried to clean it a bit, so here's a better pic and a pic of the back...

Thanks again, ya'll! It's great to have such an awesome group of folks to share adventures with!

Nana :)

Hey Nana. Nice find. This button looks to be a U.S. Naval Button that was issued during the World War I Era. :wink: Good Job! Nice button!! There were little variations in the design depending on who made them but the general design stayed the same.

Too Cool., That's a sweet assortment of finds. Love the Eagle button and the little The book charm.

KirkTN

Thanks ya'll! :)

Thanks to all for the info on the button! :)

This next info from PBK......thank you PBK! :)

Your find is a U.S. Navy uniform button. The same basic design was in use for more than 100 years, having first been issued sometime before 1850 and officially ordered to be used by all Navy personnel in 1852. Yours appears to be one of the varieties introduced after the Civil War. However, it also dates prior to 1941, when a design change was ordered, requiring that the eagle's head face in the opposite direction.

Note: Later on, imitations of some of the older buttons were also made for use on civilian clothing: jackets, blazers, sweaters, etc.

Best wishes always,
PBK
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hopefully going hunting tomorrow...wish me luck! :wink:

Thanks again! Nana :)

Wow is right Nana,

That's a nice batch of relics and coins.

HH Jer

WTG Nana! :D

Congrats on your finds. Haven't posted in quite sometime on the forum, but would like to start posting again. Been extremely busy at work these last 5 months, but occasionally get out and hunt. I've been out to the old army fort in Anniston and found some nice goodies since the first of the year. How are you been doing?

Let me know if you all want to detect somewhere in the near future. I'd like to hunt anywhere with ya'll. Have you talked with Marty? How is he doing? What about Diggerbug?

Thanks!

James in Alabama

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back