Wow you can tell its cold in these parts

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fine over here, but need a chisel to hunt:)

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There calling for snow fluries here in virginia, even just the forcast sends a shiver up my spine. Don`t like the cold.

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow..Tewksbury..use to live there off Trull RD.

Sandmaniac said:
is everybody ok? freezing my tush off in tewksbury. lalalalalla
I have got some old finds in that town!!! I live in Billerica now...but work in Tewksbury now...seen some old state coppers dug there too..my buddy got a Conn. copper last summer...I also found some coin caches there one was silver dollars back in 1983.morgan+peace...got a jar of 50 silver dimes too merc and barbers one seated 1873..nice to see other local hunters.

Fozzy

Dec 11, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and Classic III
I'm in Lowell only minutes from Tewksbury. I think I've got some pretty good sites lined up for the thaw. We'll have to get together.

OP
OP
Sandmaniac

Sandmaniac

Jan 23, 2007
Rehoboth Ma.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live around the corner from the State hospital. I looked up its history, its incredible. Alot of scary things went on there. Its a national historic site. I drove on the property the other day. They have good security. Theres bordered up houses from the mid 1800s. i'm looking for a way to get on the grounds. Theres woods around it and its on around 300 acres. any takers?
Mike

JT2

Aug 9, 2006
Concord MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya Sandmaniac,

I've seen those houses but assumed that they would be off limits as they have state property-keep out signs on them. They do look like tempting place to hunt though.

Take care,
JT

BlackX

Oct 7, 2006
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Explorer / Sovereign / Sidewinder
Yeah, I'm tired of digging through 3-4 inches of frozen soil. With the new (used) Sovereign I can't resist though. Just found a St. Joseph's medal and a 191x or 194x wheat in the front yard (that I'l already gone over pretty thoroughlyw/ the Sidewinder). If it wouldn'thave been for the frozen ground, I would have been using my aluminum spade and not scratched the date off the darn thing (first time for everything). On the bright side, at least I can tell it wouldn't have been a 1909 SVDB.

Looks like low tide on the north shore is almost before sunset tomorrow.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wish you would send us a cool front. A balmy 87 degrees here in South Florida forecast for tommorrow (friday). :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread