wow

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
hi joe...everything is good with me....just waiting for the heat to break so i can get out and do something....how's things on your end?

Dave,

Glad to hear you are doing OK. I'm doing OK, but the clock is winding down. Too much abuse over the years.

We just got back from Alaska, and had a good time with six in the family going with us. I spent a lot of time on my back, but still enjoyed the trip.

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is very quiet. The years that I have been following the forums, I don't remember it being this quite. I hope all you healthy people are out looking. I wanted to go out today and hike to the highest point of the ridge. I wanted to see if I could hike down the steep side or go to the head of the canyon and back. Sometimes I want to scream. I hate my bad back. I will find what I am looking for. I hope everyone will start talking about anything pertaining to the legends. How about the sleeping woman treasure, any info.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nobodie

From my investigation , the " Sleeping lady " treasure ( region ) is the same with the big black dot from the stone trail map . The : Sleeping lady " map starts exactly when the stone cross map starts . The one black dot from the right in the " Sleeping lady " map is the Sombrero mine and the other dot is an unknown mine ( is not recognized in other maps ) .

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
who's treasure is it? Is it the Jesuits, Peraltas or someone else's treasure? I read the story about the sleeping lady, but I don't remember who the treasure belongs to.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where have you read the " sleeping lady " story ?
I believe the treasure belonged to those who have placed it there , and now belongs to those who know where is it .

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
It is very quiet. The years that I have been following the forums, I don't remember it being this quite. I hope all you healthy people are out looking. I wanted to go out today and hike to the highest point of the ridge. I wanted to see if I could hike down the steep side or go to the head of the canyon and back. Sometimes I want to scream. I hate my bad back. I will find what I am looking for. I hope everyone will start talking about anything pertaining to the legends. How about the sleeping woman treasure, any info.

nobodie,

A number of people stop posting this time of year, because the weather allows them better access to the mountains. Some have stopped posting because of the low quality of some of the posters.

If you call the Superstition Mountain Historical Society at 480-983-4888, I believe they have older editions of the "Superstition Mountain Journal" for sale. If they have Volume 22 from 2004, you should be able to purchase it and have it mailed to you.

Starting on page 9, there is an excellent story about The Sleeping Lady Treasure by Gregory Davis. Greg is one of best authorities on all things Dutchman.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read it in one of the journal's that I bought from the museum, I don't remember which journal it is.

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Joe,
I have that journal somewhere in my house, I have books, journals, maps, and copies of clues stacked all over my house even in my bathroom. For me to find it, I would have to tear my house apart. I just don't remember if it said who hid the treasure.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Thanks Joe,
I have that journal somewhere in my house, I have books, journals, maps, and copies of clues stacked all over my house even in my bathroom. For me to find it, I would have to tear my house apart. I just don't remember if it said who hid the treasure.

nobodie,

Spanish miners are mentioned a number of times in the article. I believe most of the drawings and information came from John Burbridge. Greg did make his own trip(s) into the area.

If you're interested in that treasure, you should find that journal and re-read it.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions