WTB - CTX headphones that are new

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a pair of new headphones that you KNOW work with the CTX, let me know what you
got and what you want for them. Quote should include shipping. Please use USPS as UPS does not work well in my area.

So far as I know, only the Koss headphones work with the ctx. Unless you can verify that they do indeed
work with the ctx, I am not interested. I have tried my grey ghosts and they wont work.
Anyone got an adapter that will make them work?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grey ghost ndt's worked fine in the wm-10 wireless module and plugged straight into CTX. Are you using the wireless or plugging straight into CTX? There should be a toggle selector switch on the headphones that should allow them to work

Last edited:

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gray Ghost NDTs and SunRay Pro Gold for CTX are compatible. As Dan has mentioned, an adaptor from Radio Shack (if they are still open) will also work. Or you can plug any headphones that have a stereo / mono switch into the wireless module.

here is the official explanation from Minelab:
http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/93182/KBA_21-1-CTX-3030-Audio-Options.pdf

Joe D

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2016
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tryed the gg under water, they plug directly in the pined plug. Not enough volume for me . Sent them back. Useing the sun ray gold not as much volume as the original koss but will work ok . The sun Ray gold stay on my head better. I have good hearing with a slight threshold of my own, if you know what I mean. All tested was done on the Ctx. Still looking for a water headphone that will work loud like the Excalibur.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
GG Amphibians are louder than the GGU's. I replaced the stock ear pads with Gel Pads and it made them nearly soundproof.
I tryed the gg under water, they plug directly in the pined plug. Not enough volume for me. Still looking for a water headphone that will work loud like the Excalibur.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a pair of new ones that came with my new Etrac that I never used. Will they work?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread