WTG Minelab! New Customer Service Center comes through!

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a horrible accident on my ATV/Quad and ended up flipping over backwards and the 750lb ATV landed on my twice as we rolled down the steep mountain. The first hit was incrediable and I thought I was not going to survive. My helmet was destroyed as it landed on my left temple area, then I remember fighting to keep it off of me and to try to throw it clear of my body. My E-Trac was strapped to the back of the ATV and was broken completely in half. Not to mention brake fluid was all over it as well. I suffered a broken arm a broken finger and a compression fracture of of 4th Thoracic vertebrae in my spine. Not to mention cuts, abrasions and deep tissue bruises all over my body. I was way up in gold country (N.Calif) and it took 1 hour and 22 minutes for the ambulance to get there. Here it is a month later and I just got my cast off of my arm and I am doing much better.

I called Minelab and told them exactly what happened. They were very compassionate and understanding and told me to mail it in and they would fix it. The day they got it (Friday 09-24-2010) I received a call from Joe Bonham from Minelab telling me that he received it and was entering it into their system and that the techs would start working on it on Monday. Here it is 4 days later and my E-Trac shows up today here in Antioch, CA (from Chicago, IL), brand new and working perfectly! I have read several reports on here lately about the service from Minelab, but in this case I must say that . . everytime I called there, a very nice person answered the phone and was genuinely concerned, professional and courteous. I received 3 return phone calls at each step of the process, again, all very nice conversations. And best of all, I get a brand new detector back in 4 days! I couldn't wait to test it out and put it together a couple hours ago, ran it out in the back yard on my test garden, works perfect so far. I have always been an outspoken advocate of Minelab and have talked several of my TH'n buddies into buying Minelabs. I have absolutely no complaints from this entire process and want to publicly thank Minelab for OUTSTANDING customer service. A Minelab customer for life :thumbsup:

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

xn6wq9.jpg

72fts2.jpg

e5psb9.jpg

2yw8ojm.jpg

Glad you survived and were wearing your helmet. :thumbsup:

It seems the Minelab (American Div) nightmare is in full retreat now their new place is up and running.Happy to hear a good report for once! :)

I could have fixed that with
PC-7 a couple Popcicle sticks
for splints & Duct tape !
;D

Glad your Alright & That Minelab
Helped you out !

Jeff

boy i will bet that was a long 1 hour and 22 minutes :help: ...but i am glad your alright... :icon_thumleft:

i too have noticed that Minelab seems to have done a 180 degree turn around on this customer service issue...

and i am glad...

Dano Sverige said:
Glad you survived and were wearing your helmet. :thumbsup:

It seems the Minelab (American Div) nightmare is in full retreat now their new place is up and running.Happy to hear a good report for once! :)

Cheers Dano! I had just bought that helmet and I had just returned from a 1 week trip in Nevada where I did not wear a helmet. Learned my lesson now for life. :icon_thumleft:

I hope we all can share the same experience I had here with any future repairs.

jeff of pa said:
I could have fixed that with
PC-7 a couple Popcicle sticks
for splints & Duct tape !
;D

Glad your Alright & That Minelab
Helped you out !

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! Trust me, I was thinking this myself . . I couldn't stand the idea of having to be without the ET for a few weeks. But . . in this case I had to heal up anyways. Today is my first day out with it since the accident, we'll see how it goes ;)

leefields said:
boy i will bet that was a long 1 hour and 22 minutes :help: ...but i am glad your alright... :icon_thumleft:

i too have noticed that Minelab seems to have done a 180 degree turn around on this customer service issue...

and i am glad...

Yeah it was a really long 1 hour and 22 minutes, I just layed there watching the guys try to get the quad off of the mountain without having it roll again all the way to the bottom, or have one of theirs roll. Really stupid to have been on that hill. Not to mention it was 100 degrees out on that day. I completely realize how lucky I was to have survived. Super happy about Minelab, hope we all can be so appreciative of them from here on out. Thanks agin for the kind words!

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back