✅ SOLVED WW-2 era patches? Three with cross on them.

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am always getting boxes from estates at the museum I run here in Louisiana. Most of the items I can find ID on. For some reason these escape me.
I do not know if these are American, British or some other country. I suspect British, but have had no luck so far in that path.
Anyone have a guess or know?
The red and black or blue is felt (red with printed cross.) as well as the others. All are old..
Thanks!
DG

Attachments

• img030.jpg
    img030.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
I'm thinking those may be some sort of church group patches rather than military, but I'm not sure. They look strangely familiar to me though. I'll poke around a bit more later if no one else ids them first.

Upvote 0
The cross and sword might be a 2nd Army patch. Formed in June 1943, th 2nd Arny took part in the Normandy Landings and the Northwest European campaign under General Eisenhower's SHAEF. See it here: British Formation Signs
Don.......

I stand corrected! The two smaller ones are a good match to the 2cd and 8th Army patches shown on the link. I had a feeling I'd seen them somewhere before but I just couldn't pin it down.

Upvote 0
I would bet that these are from WWII and were shoulder insignia of the Norwegian commando units, a volunteer unit that saw a lot of action on D-Day and fought under the British.

Upvote 0
I think what we have are a WW-2--- 2nd army and a field made 8th army. The other is any ones guess...
Thanks!!
DG

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back