Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this is in Subic Bay Luzon, us at TN some have known the location for many yeears now. That explains the hole in ship side, described by divers as peeled back like an orange. A torpedo certainly can do it, mystery solved. I suppose they will want to salvage the gold (if still there).

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(There will be no efforts to remove artifacts or human remains out of respect for the families of those who died,)

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(There will be no efforts to remove artifacts or human remains out of respect for the families of those who died,)
Leave it there, so future explorers can find it again. I could pin you location on Google Earth... but out of respect for those families won't now.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some research and if you want WW2 Japanese shipwreck locations, going southeast from the mouth of Subic Bay, the whole area has like a fleet of sunken Japanese vessels of different types (you can't miss).

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mt. Diwata was said to be the richest gold deposit on the island complex to the south. If you pin that mountain in Google Earth, then zoom out so shoreline is visible all directions. Subic bay will be north. Now follow the coastline around the golden island and you can find sunken Japanese ships in abundance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread