What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED WW1 Infantry disc?

Casey13

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2021
Messages
384
Reaction score
955
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Morning everyone!
I went out for a short hunt yesterday and found these 3 pieces.
I'm not sure if the collar disc is WW1 or WW2 and what the I and M stand for.
It rang up 29 to 30 on the Equinox and thought it was going to be a silver lol.
The other 2 objects I have no idea what they are.
Thanks so much!
 

Attachments

  • 20220213_223654.webp
    20220213_223654.webp
    311.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 20220213_214303.webp
    20220213_214303.webp
    166.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 20220213_214235.webp
    20220213_214235.webp
    237.2 KB · Views: 105
Traveller777, everything you want to know about correctly time-dating your US Army Infantry 1st Regiment Company M collar-disc insignia is here:

I should mention, the author of that webpage also has a page for "The Evolution of US Artillery insignia"
https://hglanham.tripod.com/usinfantry/infantry1.html

and Evolution of US Cavalry insignia:
 
Upvote 5
Traveller777, everything you want to know about correctly time-dating your US Army Infantry 1st Regiment Company M collar-disc insignia is here:

I should mention, the author of that webpage also has a page for "The Evolution of US Artillery insignia"
https://hglanham.tripod.com/usinfantry/infantry1.html

and Evolution of US Cavalry insignia:
Thanks Cannon, it is Casey 13 with the badge. But I will save your links for my own use too. Great post, sir.
 
Upvote 3
Traveller777, everything you want to know about correctly time-dating your US Army Infantry 1st Regiment Company M collar-disc insignia is here:

I should mention, the author of that webpage also has a page for "The Evolution of US Artillery insignia"
https://hglanham.tripod.com/usinfantry/infantry1.html

and Evolution of US Cavalry insignia:
I too will save these for future reference,many thanks Cannonball.
 
Upvote 4
those collar discs are collectible - they can start around $20
in good shape and go up from there depending on rarity :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 2
Thanks CASPER-2!! Your right, when I was looking at different types on ebay, I saw what they were going for!
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom