WW2 bullet casing galore

Growerjason

Jan 10, 2016
Louisville Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, At Pro, Eurotek Pro 11 DD, and in need of something different.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found so many along a mile stretch that my pouch was so heavy it was pulling down my pants, most are the SL 43, (St.Louis 1943 production 50 cal) and I even for some of the actual bullets, caked with sand of course. 1461087784124-1635633835.jpg

Upvote 2

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Guessing these Bullets Had a Steel Core (Huge Encrustation's on their Bottoms).
Is that a Cent or a Quarter at the bottom?
Cool Find.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. I get a LOT of WWII stuff all over SoCal Deserts. Starting in the Mojave Preserve. This was where General Patton trained his 3rd Army before reassignment to North Africa. They even buried several vehicles out there when they broke down. On the West Side of The Salton Sea, there is the Carrizo Naval Bombardment Area. East of The Salton Sea are The Chocolate Mountains and The Chocolate Mountain Gunnery Range. All have been in use since 1942 and are chock full of live and dummy exploded and unexploded ordinance.

Mike

OP
OP
Growerjason

Growerjason

Jan 10, 2016
Louisville Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, At Pro, Eurotek Pro 11 DD, and in need of something different.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a quarter next to the items, they are huge casings. And I found these off the gulf of Mexico.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread