What's new

WWI or WWII Thing

codywhite3914

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2011
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Bern NC
I dug this today off of the Neuse River near Cherry Point Marine Corp Base in NC. It has the shape of a helmet but is much smaller. It measures 5" Long, 3" Wide, and 3" tall. It has the Letter K on the front that measures 3/4"*1". It was found within 5 square yards of these 8 bullets of 4 different types. Any help would be great. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • WWI Thing 001.webp
    WWI Thing 001.webp
    87.9 KB · Views: 310
  • WWI Thing 002.webp
    WWI Thing 002.webp
    65 KB · Views: 288
  • WWI 001.webp
    WWI 001.webp
    27 KB · Views: 294
  • WWI 2 001.webp
    WWI 2 001.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 293
  • WWI 2 002.webp
    WWI 2 002.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 292
I've seen similar pieces years ago. I seem to remember them as a type of electrical cover.
 
Upvote 0
flinthunter said:
I've seen similar pieces years ago. I seem to remember them as a type of electrical cover.

I think your right. Looks like a weather cover for an electrical mast.
 

Attachments

  • 601%20BISHOP%20(7).webp
    601%20BISHOP%20(7).webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 0
I assumed it was WW because it was found so close and at the same depth as the bullets. You guys could be right. I plan to take it to a few shops that sell old war stuff to see if he knows what it is. I'll post later today. Thanks
 
Upvote 0
I just googled "electrical weather head" and sure enough that's what it is. I wonder how it got so close to my other finds unless my bullets and the weather head are the same age. Anyway thanks.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom