WWII or War of 1812??

R

rogue

Hello all
I found these items in an area that was both occupied by british and american soldiers in Ontario Canada. The area dates back to 1797, but the house built on the lot only dates back to 1920...SO...Im having a hard time dating the buckle/clasp, being that it was found next to an 89th of foot pewter button, and a hat badge from WWII!
Besides the grapeshot, badge and buttons, anyone have any ideas on the remaining items?
Thanx
HH
Terry

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea what any of that stuff is....but those are some sweet relics! Where in Ontario are you??? Just curious. I'm in Kingston, Ontario...and have found some great military relics here. Nice finds...sorry I can't help on the ID's

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rogue

Thanx Wess

Ive seen your stuff on the Canadian Metal Detecting forum, and you have done real well yourself!
I live down in the Kingsville area, just outside Windsor along lake Erie.
Keep up the good finds and maybe we can do a hunt sometime.
HH
Terry

Upvote 0

wayne

Mar 22, 2003
granger,wa.
rogue - the (silver) button in the upper right section of the picture looks like it could be a DAR button (daughters of american revolution) just a guess. wayne

Upvote 0
J

Jacko

The copper looking thing, my be the end of a Scaburd for a sword. The leather probably rotted off.

Jacko

Upvote 0

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Terry...

didn't notice your reply there earlier. Sorry. I am pretty familiar with your area...as I lived in Sarnia most of my life, and spent some time in Chatham as well. I lived in Windsor (a hotel) for about 6 months as I was working there. We were building those huge grain bins on the water....ummm...I forget the name of the company..but I believe it was right at the salt plant there. Anyhow...thought you might be interested in knowing we dug up a couple burials there from the war of 1812. I'd love to get together for a hunt sometime...as I'm down that way quite a bit. My parents are still in Sarnia and I have familiy in Chatham I visit once in a while as well.

Wess

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest that the things are probably from different eras in the history of the property. You would be in a better position to research the history of the site than anyone on the forum....regarding age that is.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread