Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sherm,

It was a email from my former 1st Sgt. The pictures were all bitmap which I had to save and change over to jpeg file in order to post here. This is what was on the original email attachment...

Subject: Rare WWII Posters
Sad and Sweet
WWII Posters

I wonder whatever happened to this kind of thinking? I got a lump in my throat when I read this. I "grew up" thinking, patriotism, it is the AMERICAN way! I am glad to see that somebody saved them.

1st Sgt had added this...this is the attitude of the country back in WWII...I guess we are the last generation to see, or even remember anything like these? Whatever happened?

I did not add 2 posters cause they were kinda gross looking.

:wink: RR

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Patriotism took a huge hit when warm fuzzy feelings, and trying to understand why our enemy doesn't like us took the place of fighting until the enemy surrenders. No politics here, unless disliking cowards and tree huggers counts. Nice posters, makes me think of my grandfather.

John

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
River Rat said:
Sherm,

It was a email from my former 1st Sgt. The pictures were all bitmap which I had to save and change over to jpeg file in order to post here. This is what was on the original email attachment...

Subject: Rare WWII Posters
Sad and Sweet
WWII Posters

I wonder whatever happened to this kind of thinking? I got a lump in my throat when I read this. I "grew up" thinking, patriotism, it is the AMERICAN way! I am glad to see that somebody saved them.

1st Sgt had added this...this is the attitude of the country back in WWII...I guess we are the last generation to see, or even remember anything like these? Whatever happened?

I did not add 2 posters cause they were kinda gross looking.

:wink: RR

I agree. If we all thought the way we did during this time, things would be a whole lot different and we would all stand together. It's a shame though that this type of union only happens when tragedy strikes now a days. These posters the describe the motto I live... Love, Honor, and Defend My Country (no matter what). I feel that this generation has forgotten the cost of Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

itchin2dig

Greenie
Jan 4, 2009
Seems to me that what we have collectively done is provided to our Sons and Daughters exactly what we wanted. But it has failed to be seen by them for what it is, Freedom without fear. Your correct in saying that we honored those who fought with us and for us. Our children have been allowed to be influenced by the wrong people, drugs, sports figures held in high regard only to be proven they break the laws, music idols, Presidents who flaunt thier misdeeds and say that they don't know the true meaning of the word "is" is. It is no wonder we have a future with people of little understanding of how these priviledges were made for them. And now the latest in what I fear is the most outrageous, The high management of huge companies taking the Money of Americans and making the majority look foolish after all the trust being given to them buy our government in the for of Bailout Money, If you or I ran our households the way they run thier bussinesses we'd be bankrupt and on the poor farm.

Enough of this rant . I may be wrong and I hope so but It is going to be a tough future unless the American people step up and get our future on the right track.

Just my 2 cents worth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread