XLT DFX Hipmount

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The older I get and with my list of broken bones I have Its getting harder everytime out to swing this machine. Its a great machine but it is like swinging a truck! When I put my 15 inch coil on its like swinging a really big truck!!

Ive tried Buckleboys Fisher and it is light as a feather. I could go all day with his machine and not be wore out. I tried a Cortes and its also effortless swinging!

That brings me to my big question, has anyone tried a XLT or DFX hipmount set up? Do you think it may help or is it more trouble than its worth?

Any help would be appreciated.

T

kd8hf

Nov 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Classic ID
Actually I have one for my DFX and have used it a few times.

The toughest thing for me is coordination betwen swinging the machine and working the controls with the other hand.

It just takes a little getting used to.

HH

Gary

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Re: XLT DFX Hipmount>>>TRY THIS!!!!

Something I made the other day!

2 bungee cords
1 travel/luggage strap

loop one bungee around detector, attach both together. Connect to travel strap. Used items found in my basement ...cost>0.
Otherwise you can buy an ez harness or swingy thingy 30 bucks and up. Strap simply goes around your neck like a tie, can adjust using bungees or travel strap. Benefits>>>can take a break without setting detector down. Takes stress off hands/arms. Good luck DFX-Gregg

Attachments

• corrected main picture.jpg
    corrected main picture.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 283

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
I hip mount all my detectors and I always have. I bougth and still use a leather case. It is just a leather box realy. There is an overlap oh leather on tjhe right side for a wide belt I also have a wide camara strap over my left shoulder. It is great. Anyone who works leather can make you one. Very comfortable and you can hunt allday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread