What's new

XMas Shopping and Bank Hopping....12-23-2008 (updated with totals)

GMan00001

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a little bank hopping while finishing the last of my XMas shopping today......

Got plenty to keep my busy for a couple days anyway... ;D

Ended up stopping at 18 banks as it turns out..most of them I stop at a couple of times a year at best, but my standard 2 weekly stops were mixed in too.

Ended up picking up the following
1 Eisenhower dollar (1976 Variety 2)
33 rolls of half dollars
$134.50 in loose half dollars
1 box of quarters
1 - $1000 bag of dimes
3 - $200 bags of nickels
2 boxes of nickels
5 - $50 bags of pennies
3 boxes of pennies

and although I tried to get small dollars to search as I had all other varieties....no avail... all they had at the last bank was 4 varieties of the presidential dollars....nothing to search...so I just picked up 1 roll of the newest one since I hadn't gotten one yet.

All I have searched to date was the loose half dollars (which were pretty good)
1 Franklin (1963-D)
1 - 90% Kennedy (1964)
13 - 40% Kennedy (1965, 1966(3), 1967(4), 1968-D(3), 1969-D(2))

Oh, and I also picked up the following out of the inside reject slot of the coin machine as I was cashing in a few rejects
6 Foreign (Germany, 1 Euro Cent (2002-F, 2005-F), Ireland, 1 Euro Cent (2004), Mexico, 10 Centavos (2007), Phillipines, 10 Sentimos (2006), Spain, 1 Euro Cent (2005))

1 Minneapolis Bus Fare Token


I'll post results as I get them....only about 61,000 more coins to search..... :) I like vacations....now if only I didn't have to wrap gifts.....
 
Upvote 0
Re: XMas Shopping and Bank Hopping....12-23-2008

mmmm bags and bags of coins...

Nice work on the halves and good luck with the rest of the bags/boxes.

~Dave
 
Re: XMas Shopping and Bank Hopping....12-23-2008

Just finished the the 33 rolls of halves...nothing spectacular but can't complain

1 Franklin (1960-D)
1 - 40% Kennedy (1967)
1 - 1987-P Kennedy
1 - 1974-D DDO
 
Re: XMas Shopping and Bank Hopping....12-23-2008

In the $1000 bag of dimes
--------------------------------
1 Mercury (1936)

8 pre-1965 Roosevelt (1947-D, 1953, 1953-D, 1961, 1963-D, 1964, 1964-D(2))

20 Canadian (1968 Nickel V-Shaped Grooves, 1969 Small Date, 1973, 1975, 1976(3), 1977(2), 1978, 1981, 1983(2), 1985, 1992, 1994(2), 1998(2), 2003-P Royal Diademed)

1 Foreign (Great Britain, 5 New Pence (2002))

6 Pennies
1 Button


And in the $50 bag of pennies from the same bank
--------------------------------------------------------------
18 wheat pennies (1934-D, 1939-D, 1942, 1944(2), 1945-D(2), 1946, 1946-D(2), 1948-S, 1950, 1951-S, 1952-D, 1952-S, 1953-D, 1955-D, 1958)

28 Canadian (1945, 1962, 1966, 1967, 1970, 1972, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1983(2), 1984, 1986, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 1999(2), 2000(2), 2001, 2006(2), 2006-RCM, 2007-RCM)

1 Dime


approx...25% done
 
Re: XMas Shopping and Bank Hopping....12-23-2008

Nice work on the merc... and lol at the button. =)

~Dave
 
Re: XMas Shopping and Bank Hopping....12-23-2008

Did 1 bag of the nickels
2 - 1944-P War Nickels
1 - 1950 <--- still needed for my roll of this variety

39 other pre-1960 Jefferson (1939, 1940(3), 1940-D, 1940-S, 1941(3), 1941-S Small S, 1942, 1946(2), 1946-D, 1947, 1947-S, 1948(3), 1949, 1952-D, 1952-S, 1953-D(3), 1955-D, 1956(2), 1956-D, 1957-D(4), 1958-D(3), 1959, 1959-D(2))

9 Canadian (1966, 1975, 1987, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1998, 2003-P Uncrowned, 2005-P)

1 Foreign (Mexico, 1 Peso (2004))

Man, its getting tough to find ones I still need for my roll collection...



Also finished another bag of pennies
13 wheat pennies (19XX, 1940, 1941, 1945-D, 1951-D(2), 1953-D, 1955-D(2), 1956-D, 1957(2), 1957-D)

21 Canadian (1942, 1959, 1964, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1971, 1972, 1974, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1983, 1988, 1991(2), 1992, 1993, 2000, 2001, 2002)

2 Foreign (Netherlands, 25 Cents (1978), Thailand, 1 Baht (2002))

3 Dimes
 
Re: XMas Shopping and Bank Hopping....12-23-2008

GMan00001 said:
Man, its getting tough to find ones I still need for my roll collection...

I hear ya. I am working on a roll set of nickels 1938 - 2008, and a penny roll set 1941 - 2008, It is alot of work, very fun in the begining with all of the keepers but hard now after 60 boxes of nickels and only finding a few keepers each box. The other thing that is tough is my cent roll set from 1990 to 2008 I am only saving AU "RED" coins. And forget about trying to find the "D" mint marks. may 2 keepers per box. My goal is to have them complete by May 2009. Then moving to Dimes.
Happy Holidays,
Jason
 
Re: XMas Shopping and Bank Hopping....12-23-2008

Awesome job!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: XMas Shopping and Bank Hopping....12-23-2008

Shake-N-Bake said:
GMan00001 said:
Man, its getting tough to find ones I still need for my roll collection...

I hear ya. I am working on a roll set of nickels 1938 - 2008, and a penny roll set 1941 - 2008, It is alot of work, very fun in the begining with all of the keepers but hard now after 60 boxes of nickels and only finding a few keepers each box. The other thing that is tough is my cent roll set from 1990 to 2008 I am only saving AU "RED" coins. And forget about trying to find the "D" mint marks. may 2 keepers per box. My goal is to have them complete by May 2009. Then moving to Dimes.
Happy Holidays,
Jason

Well, my roll set is all denominations/years/mintmarks/intentional varieties which means it includes buffalos/mercs/etc....but from a nickel only standpoint....I have started getting one or none frequently in a $200 bag....Then again I only need 418 more Jefferson nickels total and they are all the tougher dates (1938-D, 1938-S, 1939-D, 1939-S, 1941-S Large S, 1942-D, 1942-P, 1942-S, 1943-D, 1944-D, 1944-S, 1945-D, 1945-S, 1949-S, 1950, 1950-D, 1951-S, and 1955)

As for wheat pennies....I go back to 1909 for my roll set..those early years are extremely tough....the oldest complete roll I have is 1919....I have at least 1000 or maybe 2000 wheaties left to incorporate into my collection to see where I really sit, but I have all the P and D minted ones back to 1941 and most of my S mints are at least half full. Pre 1941 I only have a handful of solid-date rolls most from the 30's.

Probably only get a couple wheaties per bag that I don't have rolls of already as well.

Soon I need to sort out my Canadian coins and see where I sit on my roll set of those (haven't started yet, but I have plenty to work with.) Some day....some day... :)
 
Re: XMas Shopping and Bank Hopping....12-23-2008

Finished the last 2 bags of nickels

Nickel Bag #2
-----------------
1 - 1939-S <---still needed for my roll of this variety and a toughie...
2 - 1943-P War Nickels
2 - 1945-D War Nickels
44 other pre-1960 Jefferson (1939(2), 1940(2), 1940-S, 1941, 1941-S Small S, 1946(2), 1946-D, 1947(2), 1947-D, 1948-D(4), 1949, 1952(3), 1952-D, 1952-S, 1953-D, 1954(2), 1954-D(3), 1955-D(4), 1956-D(3), 1957, 1957-D(3), 1958-D, 1959, 1959-D(2))

3 Canadian (1985, 1989, 2000)

1 Foreign (Great Britain, 20 Pence (2003))

3 Pennies
1 Namco Arcade token

Nickel Bag #3
-----------------
1 - 1938-D <---still needed for my roll of this variety and a toughie...this one in AU :)
51 other pre-1960 Jefferson (1939, 1940(2), 1940-D, 1940-S(2), 1941, 1941-S Small S(2), 1946(2), 1946-D(2), 1947(2), 1947-D(2), 1947-S, 1948-D, 1951-D, 1952-D, 1952-S, 1953, 1953-D(2), 1954-D(5), 1955-D, 1956-D(2), 1957, 1957-D(6), 1958-D(6), 1959, 1959-D(4))

10 Canadian (1968, 1979(2), 1983, 1989, 1993, 1996, 1998(2), 1999)

1 Foreign (Mexico, 1 Peso (2006))
 
Re: XMas Shopping and Bank Hopping....12-23-2008

Finished the final 3 $50 bags of pennies...now all that is left is 150 rolls of pennies and 100 rolls of nickels...

Penny bag #3
-----------------
8 wheat pennies (1946, 1948-D, 1953-D, 1955, 1956-D, 1957-D, 1958-D(2))

24 Canadian (1967, 1968, 1970, 1971, 1974, 1975(2), 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992(2), 1998, 2001(2), 2003 Royal Diademed)


Penny Bag #4
-----------------
11 wheat pennies (1938, 1944-D(2), 1952-D, 1953-D(2), 1956-D(3), 1957, 1958-D)

25 Canadian (1963, 1969, 1973, 1974, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1986(4), 1988(3), 1989, 1993, 1994, 1995(2), 1998, 2004)

2 Flattened Pennies


Penny Bag #5
-----------------
25 wheat pennies (1920, 1929-D, 1936, 1937(2), 1941-D(2), 1944, 1944-D(2), 1945-D(2), 1946-D, 1947-D, 1949-D, 1950-D, 1951-D, 1952-D, 1953-D, 1955-D, 1956-D, 1957, 1957-D, 1958-D(2))

36 Canadian (1952, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1968, 1969(2), 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980(2), 1981(2), 1982, 1983(2), 1984(2), 1986(2), 1989, 1991, 1993(4), 1994, 1997, 1998(2), 1999, 2000)

1 lincoln memorial counterpunched with JFK
 
Re: XMas Shopping and Bank Hopping....12-23-2008

Finished the 3 boxes of pennies...

Penny box #1
-----------------
9 wheat pennies (1940, 1945, 1945-D(3), 1953-S, 1955-D, 1957-D(2))

6 Canadian (1969, 1983(2), 1988, 1998, 2006)


Penny box #2
-----------------
17 wheat pennies (1935-D, 1940-D, 1942-D, 1944(2), 1945-S, 1946-D(3), 1950-D, 1952-D, 1953-D, 1953-S, 1954-D(2), 1956-D, 1958-D)

13 Canadian (1961, 1963, 1965, 1974, 1975, 1980, 1985, 1989, 1991(2), 1994(2), 2003 Uncrowned)


Penny box #3
-----------------
8 wheat pennies (1940, 1944-D(3), 1945-D, 1952-D(2), 1957-D)

21 Canadian (1937, 1965, 1970, 1972, 1973, 1976, 1978, 1979(2), 1980, 1981, 1982, 1984, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1998, 1999(2), 2005-P)

1 Foreign (Panama, 1 Centesimo (2001))
 
Re: XMas Shopping and Bank Hopping....12-23-2008

Awesome!!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: XMas Shopping and Bank Hopping....12-23-2008

Finished the last 2 boxes of nickels last night

Nickel Box #1
-----------------
22 pre-1960 Jefferson (1939(2), 1940-S, 1941-S Small S, 1942, 1946(2), 1946-D, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954-D(3), 1955-D, 1956-D(2), 1957-D, 1958-D(2), 1959, 1959-D)

2 Canadian (1986, 2000)

Nickel Box #2
-----------------
1 -1910 V-Nickel

2 - 1950 <---still needed for my roll of this variety

18 other pre-1960 Jefferson (1940, 1941, 1946, 1946-D(2), 1947, 1952, 1952-D, 1954-D(3), 1957, 1957-D(4), 1958-D, 1959-D)

1 Canadian (1982)


Well that completes the search of all the coins from this road trip...

Totals:
1 Eisenhower Dollar
2 Franklin Halves
1 - 90% Kennedy Half
12 - 40% Kennedy Halves
1 - NIFC Kennedy Half
1 - Mercury Dime
8 - Silver Roosevelt Dimes
1 - V-Nickel
6 - War Nickels
185 - pre-1960 Jefferson Nickels
109 - Wheat Pennies


Bring on the next batch... :)

Also note, the coins from this road trip got me over my goal of searching 2,000,000 coins this year..now at 2,005,013.
 
Awesome road trip!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom