Xp deus vs minelab equinox 800 unbiased opinion

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price donā€™t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I no asked many times, but deus cost few hundred more, does cost justify performance or minelab 800
Operate equal or not really, More frequencies Great, do they work independently or must pick one. Anyhow Iā€™m not loyalists just truth by users, give us the real deal, thanks

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9ā€ coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had Nox 800 and 600. Now have XP Orx and
Deus Lite. Sold both Equinox bought more XP coils. For me performance is a toss up but Deus/ Orx better suits my type of detecting and weight / ergonomics are big and XP kills Nox there. If I were a beach hunter Iā€™d say Nox.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The XP Orx looks like a good deal and i'd like to try one. If you're on a strict budge, I got my Equinox 600 for $550 with my military discount and with some low latency wireless headphones for $40 (they pair wirelessly with no other adapters or transmitters needed) i had $600 all in for a nice bit of kit. In looking at the experiences of multiple users of both models on this forum, you can't go wrong with either. Just don't dunk the Equinox, it isn't waterproof like they claim. Water resistant maybe, but not waterproof.

hound

Sep 19, 2018
KY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For heavy iron sites the XP Deus is king, even Calabash will agree with that. My personal opinion is that the Deus is better conveying information by audio if you set it up to do so. The Equinox will perform great outside of heavy iron. I have both. I will give the Deus the edge with gold using the elliptical coil however. I've ran both over targets in the field and that high frequency elliptical coil hits harder on tiny pieces of gold. Outside of gold prospecting you can't really go wrong with either one.

Hostly though if XP came out with a simultaneous multi-frequency coil that's a performer I'd leave the Equinox at home. The lighter weight and audio being my reasons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread