What's new

Yall Aint Gonna Believe This One

waseeker

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
1,133
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya'll Ain't Gonna Believe This One

Heck, I hardly believe it myself and I'm the one it happened to :tard:

First the history. I generally search just cent and dime bags. They come from the coin counter at my bank (and a couple of branches). I don't order boxes so it takes a while for half dollar bags to fill up.

Tuesday when I got there one of the tellers was changing out a bag of coin. Since she had the machine open I asked her to check the status of the half dollar bag. It had $869.00 in it which meant I needed $131.00 to top it off so I could purchase the bag. This morning I headed off with the intention of visiting a couple of banks and picking up enough half dollars to top off the bag at my branch so I could buy the bag. Well it took stops at 17 different banks/branches to accumulate what I needed. By this time I'm wondering if it's even worth going to my bank at all. From the 17 banks/branches I wound up the 213.00 in half dollars and 3 of them were 40%'ers.

However, I topped off the bag and am I ever glad I did, even if I'm still in a bit of shock over what is easily my best half dollar bag ever!

28 40% Halves
25 90% 1964 & 1964D Kennedy Halves.
5 Franklin Halves 1951S; 1954D; 1954S; 1957D and 1963D.
5 WL Halves 1935S; 1936; 1939D; 1945 and 1945S.
2 Barber Halves 1902; 1906D

I am still in shock especially about the Barbers. A couple of weeks ago I got a Barber Quarter in the reject bin at a different branch, and figured I'd never find another Barber. Finding 2 more is just amazing.

Thanks for Looking
 

Attachments

  • Oct 2 Silver.webp
    Oct 2 Silver.webp
    75.6 KB · Views: 653
  • oct 2 silver closeups.webp
    oct 2 silver closeups.webp
    101.8 KB · Views: 653
Upvote 0
Re: Ya'll Ain't Gonna Believe This One

good lord, sounds like a sweet honeyhole!
 
Re: Ya'll Ain't Gonna Believe This One

amazing
So far i have gotten 3 coin bags. Two where great i got 10 franklins out of one and my first walker out of the other. The third only had 2 40%ers though
 
Re: Ya'll Ain't Gonna Believe This One

ugotit22 said:
amazing
So far i have gotten 3 coin bags. Two where great i got 10 franklins out of one and my first walker out of the other. The third only had 2 40%ers though

That has been my luck the past few months. I had gotten a few 40% half dollars and 2 1964 and that was about it for this year until this bag showed up.
 
Re: Ya'll Ain't Gonna Believe This One

That was a great bag! Congrats! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: Ya'll Ain't Gonna Believe This One

Wow, that is awesome! Grats!

Barbers... jeeze!

~Dave
 
Re: Ya'll Ain't Gonna Believe This One

Awesome!!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Ya'll Ain't Gonna Believe This One

Sweet find
I have yet to find a bag. Mostly boxes around here!!!!!
 
Re: Ya'll Ain't Gonna Believe This One

looking at the dates it sounds like you got someones collection :thumbsup:
 
Re: Ya'll Ain't Gonna Believe This One

mistergee said:
looking at the dates it sounds like you got someones collection :thumbsup:

That is what I was thinking, especially looking at the numbers. I got 3 of the 40%'er when I was trying to accumulate enough to top off the bag. But the numbers for the coins actually in the bag were 25 40%; 25 90% Kennedy; 5 Franklins; 5 WL's and 2 barbers. That is an awful lot of coins with multiples of 5.
 
Re: Ya'll Ain't Gonna Believe This One

That is just way to cool.

Congrats
Cat
 
Re: Ya'll Ain't Gonna Believe This One

Nice, enjoy the moment and look forward to the next one. congrats :thumbsup:
 
Re: Ya'll Ain't Gonna Believe This One

Zowie! I have been CRH-ing for over 2 years, searched over 100,000 halves, and have yet to find a Barber.

You lucky dog!
;D
 
Re: Ya'll Ain't Gonna Believe This One

Way to go! I believe you! 17 banks though wow? Why is it completely necessary to fill the bag?

Nice variety of coins. 2 Barbers must have had you wondering if there were more.

Hope you find some more soon.
 
Re: Ya'll Ain't Gonna Believe This One

Bjorn_MD said:
Way to go! I believe you! 17 banks though wow? Why is it completely necessary to fill the bag?

Nice variety of coins. 2 Barbers must have had you wondering if there were more.

Hope you find some more soon.

My bank will only sell me full bags from the coin counter so it doesn't mess up there accounting system I guess. Yeppers, I was hoping there would have been more Barbers, but heck that 2 Barber half dollars and a Barber Quarter in the past 4 weeks, and I had not found one before so I'm a pretty happy camper right now.
 
Re: Ya'll Ain't Gonna Believe This One

Scott (Mich) said:
Nice, enjoy the moment and look forward to the next one. congrats :thumbsup:

The next one happened today. I'll post it in a few moments.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom