Argentium
Gold Member
- Joined
- Feb 2, 2008
- Messages
- 9,079
- Reaction score
- 5,580
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Detector(s) used
- Whites, MXT.
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I just made a quick trip to the Alton ,NH. area, to visit family . I hadn't been out there for 35 years, from what i could see walking and driving around , there were dream detecting spots everywhere ! Old easements , tree stands ,tiny town parks ,ancient looking stone walls everywhere ! Incredible colonial to Victorian houses with intact yards all over the place ! I didn't bring a detector due to time constraints ,but I could almost sense the coins and relics around me .
. The only issue is that 9 out of 10 cellar holes, and almost all the parks and schools in most of the towns in NH, and New England in general, have been heavily metal detected. Even my own home from the 1740's was almost hunted out before I even moved in. It is a beautiful place to hike, there are miles of trails in each direction within half a mile to a mile from my front door. Many beautiful colonial houses and historic parks and cemeteries in the center of many of these small NH towns like the one that I moved to this June. I have lived in NH since I was three, born in MA, and have always hated the brutal winters, which last from November to April, but loved all the months in between. NH has the unique beauty of history and nature combined. I am happy you were able to visit! New Mexico is also very nice, when moving in June we were considering moving down to NM or AZ, but didn't want to hastle of moving that far, and I didn't want to give up metal detecting my nearby cellar holes and sites (which I have been spoiled with over here).










