What's new

Yay! My new Deteknix X-pointer arrived!

NO COMPETITION!
I ONLY sell my Original Detecting Buddy - designed by ME over 2 years ago and sold over 3,000 pieces - I am very happy!

The fact that Mr. Blue Bay...or Mr. Detector Comparisons...or Mr. Carter P. ripped off my design and manufactured it under a similar name for Detector Pro (his best buddy Gary Storm)...ya think I'm not happy? Take a look at all the "independent reviews" in all the videos for DetectorPro products...(and all the other odd ball products...NEL coils, etc) knowing this guy makes the stuff in CHINA or imports the stuff - read and listen to what is said in the videos... why the lies and deceit?


EXTREME DETECTING
Innovative and Exclusive Detecting Products.

Sounds like you have a vested interest too. Hmmm. Sounds like competition.
 
I ordered an x-pointer a few days ago because my gpp stopped working.So i wanted something to use until i get my gpp back.I hope i did not make a mistake.
 
Well I am hard pressed to find any detector company that manufactures their own electronics components. They may be designed in the U.S. and assembled in the U.S, but I have not seen an electronics company that manufactures all their own components. That industry was exported from the U.S. a long time ago. First to Japan and then to China. Simple economics, pay a worker here $34 an hour or pay someone in China $1.30 an hour. American made really means ASSEMBLED in America. In fact go to the grocery produce section at your supermarket and look and see how much of it is from foreign countries. We are a consumer economy not a production economy.
 
UPDATE:
I did not hear back about them receiving the faulty X Pointer as of Tuesday. I set an email to Ron at theGolddigger(dot)com. He replied back on Thursday saying that it was going out today (Thursday). USPS tracking says the expected delivery is Saturday! I really hope that it comes Sat., but it probably wont be until Mon.
 
After 3 times out i had to send mine back.They said they will send a replacement.I will wait and see.
 
After 3 times out i had to send mine back.They said they will send a replacement.I will wait and see.

Did you have the same problem with the battery connection? Make sure you register for the Warranty before trying to get it fixed. They will work with you. I sent mine in on the 9th and according to USPS Tracking, I should be getting the replacement Pointer tomorrow!
 
After 3 times out i had to send mine back.They said they will send a replacement.I will wait and see.
After 3 times out what one did you have to send back the …Pro Pointer or the X Pointer..?
 
Iam sorry i didn't specify it was the x-pointer.The led light went and i was having trouble changing the modes on it.When i talked to them they were very good.And said they will replace it.The propointer i had for about a year before it started falseing and finally it would not turn on.I did everything they said to check out the x-pointer they agreed it was a problem.The x-pointer was very good before the problems developed.I think they are both good pinpointers but nothing is flawless i like the way they both seem to be with customer service.Garrett sent me an email today with a tracking number so after a week and a half i should have my propointer back.
 
UPDATE: I received the replacement X Pointer yesterday (20 SEP). That makes it 11 days from the day I mailed the broken one. Not too bad. I am so happy to have one back. It is working great. Hopefully this one will last.
 
I hope i also get the x-pointer back soon.I just had a run of bad luck with my pinpointers.Its hell not having a pinpointer.And hope you have good luck with your replacement.
 
Last edited:
Threads not that old - Thought I'd pipe in too. Too bad I didn't see this BEFORE I ordered mine. I haven't even received it yet and I have to send it in for replacement. I was reading more reviews and stumbled across this.

Seems the black batch have the issue. The colors do not. The company was very responsive and said they'd send me a label to return mine BEFORE sending out a replacement. First world problems, I guess but what a pain in the arse.

I'm supposed to leave for a Georgia vacay on 11/15. It's 10/30. How many days to send it out, get it processed then have the new one sent back? Who knows? Seriously should've just stuck with my original Garrett PP, instead I'm always thinkin' the grass is greener.
 
I have the black one and have had no issues yet. Why send something back before it is broke? The warranty is for 2 years. Like any new product you will hear of some problems, defects, and poor performance. But it has been my experience so far that the Deteknix is just as good if not better than the Garrett (which I used to own and died after 4 months.) So give it an honest chance before trading it in for an over priced pinpointer that has had problems too. Competition can be a great thing.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom