What's new

Year 1714 - Heart skipped a beat!

JAN2011

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
White's DFX - MXT - Excalibur II
Walking in knee deep water Monday on a beach in Luquillo, Puerto Rico when I got a good signal. Scooped it up and when I looked in the scoop I know my heart must have skipped a beat thinking I finally got one that's on my Bucket List. After getting home and taking a closer look at the cob dated 1714, it appears to be fake. Oh well, I'll keep trying! Still can't figure out who or why someone would leave a fake cob on this remote beach.

JAN 2011
 

Attachments

  • Cob #3.webp
    Cob #3.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 835
  • Cob #2.webp
    Cob #2.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 845
Upvote 0
Maybe to give a thrill to whoever found it. Your sure it's fake? What kind of metal is it? Looks good to me. HH
 
I always bring some gold colored game tokens with me when I meet up with a detecting buddy and "salt" the area while he's not looking...great fun, no end of laughter, but be ready to run.
Maybe you got a buddy like me down there?
 
Happy hunting. :icon_thumright:
 
gift shop souvenir
 
wow my heart would have skipped a beat on that coin.nice find anyway.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom