YES - Another 36 QUARTERS - A One Dollar Coin - and a Very Old PADLOCK - Great DAY

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hunted a SW Georgia Grade School with my SIMPLEX+, that I haven't been to for a couple of years and found several fresh drops & a few older quarters but no SILVER this time. Total of 65 coins that included a "Golden Presidential Dollar" 2011-D James Buchanan, 36-quarters, 15-dimes & 13-cents that were all clad. Also the find of the DAY was the solid BRASS antique Padlock - Now if I can only find the Key. $-total for the day was $11.63 and not bad for about 5 hours. Good Luck everyone & HH.........BILL

P1010208.jpg P1010209.jpg P1010210.jpg P1010213.jpg P1010214.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 17

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pocket full for sure!! Nice!!!Congrats!!!!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As a "coin-shooter" by reputation, I can still commend you on that huge Haul...! :thumbsup:
WoW...!
Love that padlock - any way of dating that?

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still like my MX5 with the 5.3" coil If I had a coil for the Simplex that was that size I would probably sell the MX5. Or if I had a 13" coil for my ORX I would probably sell both the Simplex+ and MX5. The Simplex for what you get is the best $300 dollar machine I've ever used. Fast, light, coil size is great for coverage in an open field, waterproof.. Just very hard to beat. The ORX is lighter and more stable VDI with the 9" hd coil IMO. I just wish the larger coil for the ORX didn't cost as much as a Simplex?

Nice finds your killing it on the Quarters!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great bunch of recoveries! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome haul dang that Simplex is a coin Blood hound makes me rethink my Nox keep those coins coming those quarters add up really fast nice dollar coin you dont see those in circulation anymore people must be saving them. Great job

Inspector Comet

Jan 3, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As a "coin-shooter" by reputation, I can still commend you on that huge Haul...! :thumbsup:
WoW...!
Love that padlock - any way of dating that?

Antique Padlocks (.com) has a very similar if not identical lock in their online collection: Reference # 4841 (all locks on the site are assigned a number) They don't have any information on date, however.

Lever Padlocks - Antique Padlocks

Padlock.JPG

Might be a lever type padlock judging purely on similarities in appearance. If that's the case I would guess it was manufactured somewhere around 1890 - 1920. The first lever locks were patented by Yale in 1877, and as this is an unbranded version, it was probably manufactured later once the style of lock became more popular. Pure speculation, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padlock#History

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread