Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So my wife gave me the day to do whatever I want, as she was taking the kids up to upstate New York to do some hunting with her dad. Mind you, this doesn't happen very often that I get a day to myself. There were a lot of chores to be done around the house, including taking down the pool, which is usually most of a day's job. Of course, what I really wanted to do was go detecting! I decided to do my duty and take down the pool, and my reward would be an afternoon in the cornfield. I think it was the karma that I earned doing what she asked me to do when she left that led to me finding my first mass copper! I have no idea of the variety, because there are a ton of them. It's in the peroxide now, but I can already tell the coin was damaged in the ground. I'll try to post another picture if there are some details to try to determine the variety. It's been a while since I found anything that I thought was actually worth posting. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444518542.264069.jpg Thanks for looking.

Upvote 23

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome--be careful of any cleaning :occasion14:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should put the pool back up tonight and try the same thing tomorrow. :happysmiley:

OP
OP
Dirtwisher

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The back was gashed by the plow. Guess I'll have to find another! Right after I put the pool back up.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still looking for my first Mass. copper. Found a few other state coppers but that one continues to elude me. Congrats!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats man!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like it was our day here in Mass! Congrats on that beautiful Mass copper- regardless of condition, it's an amazing find!

-- Jeff --

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Mass copper looks like it has great detail. Congrats buddy on a killer find. I have 2 but only one is nice. One of my fave state coppers. Love the design

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. Please post another photo after its cleaned. It does look to have great potential.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the copper, you're lucky to have the stalks all flat on the ground, corn fields are hard to hunt and so much can be missed if the stalks are sticking up.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Elusive Mass copper .
I had a feeling one would show up .

Nice coin indeed .

dawg

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Mass copper

OP
OP
Dirtwisher

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going on the copper, you're lucky to have the stalks all flat on the ground, corn fields are hard to hunt and so much can be missed if the stalks are sticking up.

Nice eye noticing the stalks down! You're not kidding about it being hard to hunt upright stalks. Most of them are still up so I spent most of the time smacking both rows. It gets old for sure. I'm begging this guy to plow and disc but even if he just knocks them down I'll be happy. I think I'll hunt some woods tomorrow - can't do those rows all day.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt.
Not a bad looking copper for coming out of the field.

OP
OP
Dirtwisher

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks George! I was switching back and forth between your full tones and my super secret relic program. Sorry to tell you but I found it with mine!!! [emoji28] I did find a couple Indians with yours though...

OP
OP
Dirtwisher

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That Mass copper looks like it has great detail. Congrats buddy on a killer find. I have 2 but only one is nice. One of my fave state coppers. Love the design

Hey Bud, you back from Vermont? With your luck I thought you would've come back with a new variety of Vermont copper! Hey, if memory serves me you found your mass silver not long after you found one of your Mass coppers, right? Maybe my Willow tree or NE coin is coming up next!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been soaking long enough, show us!
You just don't find those beauties out here in Colorado,
and it looks great just out of the ground!
Congrates,
Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread