What's new

Yes its a buckle.. what was it used for? Solved by creskol "Horse collar buckle"

chukers

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,824
Reaction score
147
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes its a buckle.. what was it used for? Solved by creskol "Horse collar buckle"

I have never seen a buckle like this one... anyone have any idea what it was used for? Looks like it might been used for buckle of some kind but had an additional purpose as well as being a buckle.

All comments welcome..
Chukers
 

Attachments

  • buckle.webp
    buckle.webp
    54.6 KB · Views: 365
  • Buckle2.webp
    Buckle2.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 354
Re: Yes its a buckle... what was it used for?

That is a horse harness collar fastener. It's an old one, for sure!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Yes its a buckle... what was it used for?

creskol said:
That is a horse harness collar fastener. It's an old one, for sure!

I have found A LOT of buckles but none like this one and its obviously old I would guess older than this area is... and that dates to the 1860-1880 times. I pull iron out of the ground all the time that is 100+ years old... this just looks so much older than that.

Thanks for your input.


Chukers
 
Upvote 0
Re: Yes its a buckle... what was it used for?

Here are some more modern versions of them .. these are circa 1940 ... obviously yours is older, but its function is the same.
 

Attachments

  • collarfasteners.webp
    collarfasteners.webp
    62.1 KB · Views: 768
Upvote 0
Re: Yes its a buckle... what was it used for?

I found this one... yes I think you are correct.... that long tongue gives it away... glad this one was solved... good job!


Chukers
 

Attachments

  • patentfastener.webp
    patentfastener.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 893
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom