Yes....sometimes Prospecting Can Be Very Adventurous!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
may21.jpg

Getting down to the river, I spotted a family of geese, who spotted me at the same time. They observed me for a while, then decided it was safe to pass by. I unofficially hired them as my "CLAIM" guards, to keep others away.
may21a.jpg

I brought along my metal detector, as I sometimes do, to unwind a bit from all the digging.
may21b.jpg

Due to the heat and smoke, I choose to screen my concentrates before feeding them into my California mini. I then find a cooler spot in the shade to sit down on an empty bucket and process them in my highbanker.
may21c.jpg

The smoke was real bad from numerous surrounding fires, with advisories in the news to stay indoors or wear masks outdoors. A stark reminder of covid.
may21d.jpg

The smoke creates different sun sets, often times turning it to a red, bleeding sun.
may21e.jpg

Here's a couple of interesting finds. Metal detecting with my Garrett APEX, I dug this token or coin with an elephant on one side, with some sort of numeric table on the reverse. When screening buckets, I always stack my buckets two high, so as to not bend over as much, maintaining a straight back while screening the material. Because the gravel is closer to my eyes while screening, I get a closer look for interesting rocks for tumbling. I managed to eye-ball this beautiful rock fossil with some sort of plant imbedded it.
may 21f.jpg

Here's my final flour gold capture from 8 x 5 gallon buckets.

HeavyMetalThunder

Aug 5, 2015
Texas/Colorado/Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thank you for, the pics, your time, and effort... on the write up for this post. It was well written/ formatted and with enough detail to make it interesting...

...I'm anti you-boob so this was refreshing!

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice set up you got with beautiful gold and pictures of a very good time you had!

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I thank you for, the pics, your time, and effort... on the write up for this post. It was well written/ formatted and with enough detail to make it interesting...

...I'm anti you-boob so this was refreshing!
Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread