Yesterday at the river

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Went for a fish in the river below a local reservoir not a bite, not a follow. Too cold at present for the ones there they prefer the water a bit warmer. Still was nice to be there.
IMG_20220520_150553_276~2.jpg
IMG_20220520_150557_286~2.jpg
IMG_20220520_150644_989~3.jpg

Saw a small native wasp nest on one of the gumtrees there. They're non aggressive so no worries about getting stung.
IMG_20220520_141203_769~3.jpg

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Beautiful scenery and it’s just nice to be outside and enjoy yourself
I have luck using live bait (minnows)at the reservoirs while fishing
Take care
Yeah mate. We have some good native minnows here but are hard to get.
We do have some really good native shrimp that are big enough to eat like our prawns, I have caught them in nets in the past but ate them as they taste awesome! 😆 Didn't use them as bait.
Im really waiting for a few months time as where we are moving to is just a 12 minutes drive from our new home, and a great fishing place.
I have a great colony of European Night Crawler worms in my worm farm im taking, in 3 trays with hundreds in each. I feed them on polenta, oats (rolled oats porridge) and wholemeal flour powdered in a Ninja food processor. They demolish it. They are as thick as a pencil and as long as one and our native fish, as well as English Perch, love em.
😀

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah mate. We have some good native minnows here but are hard to get.
We do have some really good native shrimp that are big enough to eat like our prawns, I have caught them in nets in the past but ate them as they taste awesome! 😆 Didn't use them as bait.
Im really waiting for a few months time as where we are moving to is just a 12 minutes drive from our new home, and a great fishing place.
I have a great colony of European Night Crawler worms in my worm farm im taking, in 3 trays with hundreds in each. I feed them on polenta, oats (rolled oats porridge) and wholemeal flour powdered in a Ninja food processor. They demolish it. They are as thick as a pencil and as long as one and our native fish, as well as English Perch, love em.
😀
Good luck with your move and hope you catch some nice fish .it’s still amazing for me to write to you and your on the next day already and it’s getting cold where you are..
We used to add coffee grounds to the soil for worms if I recall correctly.please check
to make sure I’m right.
All the Best my friend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread