What's new

Yesterdays 30 minute hunt

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
Yesterday's 30 minute hunt

I went on a 30 minute hunt yesterday on the edge of a recently sewn field. Did pretty good!

image-1222170952.webp



image-3659729284.webp



image-1800698016.webp



image-2289799621.webp

I wander if this is a broken guilford that was reworked. Why else would a scraper have such a nice point?

image-2262373534.webp



image-2299710826.webp



image-1683330436.webp



image-3355635609.webp



image-180112451.webp



image-4026177570.webp

Small guilford. Material must have been low. Looks like the last decent piece from this blank.

image-1962330739.webp



image-232243884.webp



image-27613620.webp



image-3361187698.webp



image-4218168899.webp



image-1077065970.webp

Scrapers!

image-3145519206.webp



image-322805807.webp



image-1013031111.webp

Broken guilford

image-4228898229.webp



image-2675703896.webp

Another broken one. Either a morrow mt. Or savannah river?? Not really sure. Also found a hammer stone and a hand spade.

image-197822326.webp



image-426646701.webp



image-1770250980.webp



image-1621382901.webp

Let me know if I'm wrong on the identity on any of these!
 
Upvote 0
30 mins and not a bad return. Id be back as soon as possible
 
First one is a very nice scraper!!
 
Last edited:
Thanks Glenn! I do believe it'll be a year before I can hunt this field again. This summer tobacco was planted there. Tobacco drains the earth of it's nutrients. To replenish the earth, wheat and then soy beans will be planted. Tobacco years are about the only time fields get plowed with any depth. Don't quote me on that planting cycle, I am pretty sure that is the cycle. NCNursery can tell us for certain. That's why I have so many places to hunt. Some fields are off limits for two years at a time.
 
First one is a very nice scraper!!

Thank you brother Quito!! That means a lot coming from you! Lol! I'm just giving you a hard time! I do really appreciate you looking and the compliment. I actually had to find room enough in a frame for this piece. Culling frames is a tough job!
 
Wow! Thirty minutes??? I spent two and half hours for the one piece I found today. You got a honey hole where you went. I think you are about right on the planting schedule. Dang no till farming.
 
Wow! Thirty minutes??? I spent two and half hours for the one piece I found today. You got a honey hole where you went. I think you are about right on the planting schedule. Dang no till farming.

It's the spot I told you about. On the side of the river closest to 501. When I have more than 1/2 hour to spend, I will call you. I'll give a couple day's heads up!! I'm sure I didn't get everything. I didn't make it 1/4 of the way around the field. Go behind me, if you have a few minutes. I always start walking the left hand side of the field. Done better on that side.
 
That is a nice haul for 30 minutes...it is good to see what you wrangled up in such a short time...nice hunt!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom