Yesterdays 8 boxes

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why "fml" after several previous great weeks? You can't win them all.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earlier this year, I had a box that gave up one 40%er and then a 32 box skunk streak. The skunk streak was broken when I got a box that gave up only one 40%er.

Like BuffaloBoy said, you can't win 'em all.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why "fml" after several previous great weeks? You can't win them all.

Exactly- anytime I add ag to the stack for face value I am happy-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
if I knew that I was going to get 1 40%er per 8 boxes I'd stop CRH'ing halves. It's not crazy to be upset with 1 40%er.

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some crazy skunk streaks! I think I had 1 box one time that didnt produce anything at all!

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some crazy skunk streaks! I think I had 1 box one time that didnt produce anything at all!

Yeah, that's how my area was for 7-8 months, then I hit a wall. I'd still get a small string of good boxes here and there, but the skunk streaks got longer and longer.

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah thats not good, I hope I never get a streak that bad! lol ...knocks on wood'

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
92 box skunk streak here
Ive also had streaks of 36 and 28

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These skunk streaks are probably the reason I don't do big volume. If I had to search and dump a double-digit number of boxes per week (or even a high-single digit number) and pull one 40% or a skunk I would quit. Doing a small number of boxes and spreading them out makes it less painful, IMHO. The flip side is that I stack much less than some of the big volume searchers here. To each his/her own. My last three boxes have produced a total of 10 keepers (all 40% but 2). This is above average for me and keeps me coming back for more, but with these numbers I don't exactly need to worry about silver storage.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Low box volume and high cwr equals less overall work with the same results, in my experience.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Low box volume and high cwr equals less overall work with the same results, in my experience.

Good to hear, but real CWRs of halves (as opposed to someone else's dumps) are very hard to find (at least in my area). When I've found real CWRs I've found silver.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sucks, I feel for ya...how is the streak going for ya now?

The 92 skunk ended about a month 1/2 ago or so, it sucked I almost gave up a couoke times-the only thing that kept me going was the hope for one day a tnet approved dream box (100+ag)
the last couple weeks have been ok- I pick up 10 boxes a week and normally only 1-2 boxes produce 1-3 ag so im getting around 8 skunks a week- I do get 5 from 1 carrier and 5 from a different- havent noticed any variance from 1 to the other carrier- I wish there where other banks around that used a different courier but id have to go out of my way to pick those up so I just stick with what ive got close by

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread