What's new

Yesterdays eyeball finds from the streets of Manhattan

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Marked K14. The diamonds look real. My kid tells me open backed means they might be real because they have to breath. I guess the only way to find out for sure is to take em to a jeweler. The other is marked .925. I'll take it.
HH, Mike in NJ
 

Attachments

  • eyefind1.webp
    eyefind1.webp
    72 KB · Views: 1,192
  • eyefind.webp
    eyefind.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,183
Upvote 0
Nothing like these finds to keep the eyes sharp...Congrats :wink:
 
HAHA, OMG !! :o :o

lol, Well your kids are on the right track the open back is for cleaning. :read2: Diamonds don't breath the are not alive :laughing7: Anyway 14k is a good sign the stones are real, along with the open back. :icon_thumleft: 14k and up is the standard for using real diamonds. Personally I think the stones are real. :headbang: Hard to tell the size but a carat is about the size of a pea. So half a Carat is about the size of half a pea. Depending on the clarity of the stones about $300 a carat. A home test you can do is try and read a newspaper through the stone. If you can read it then its likely fake, but if you can't read it then its likely real. I'm 95% sure they are real.... :icon_scratch: Let me ask was is flashing when you walked up on it or did it look like a spot of sunlight? ???

Nice find, awesome eye !! :notworthy: :notworthy: :headbang:

Keep @ It and HH!! :D ;D
 
Nice find with the eyes. I always walk and looking at the ground never know what is going to be around the corner.....Matt
 
Nice finds. You got gold and silver for sure. Diamonds would be a plus. :icon_thumright:
 
Mike,

Let us know how they test out !!! WTG

Rockyredbaron

HH to all
 
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
HAHA, OMG !! :o :o

lol, Well your kids are on the right track the open back is for cleaning. :read2: Diamonds don't breath the are not alive :laughing7: Anyway 14k is a good sign the stones are real, along with the open back. :icon_thumleft: 14k and up is the standard for using real diamonds. Personally I think the stones are real. :headbang: Hard to tell the size but a carat is about the size of a pea. So half a Carat is about the size of half a pea. Depending on the clarity of the stones about $300 a carat. A home test you can do is try and read a newspaper through the stone. If you can read it then its likely fake, but if you can't read it then its likely real. I'm 95% sure they are real.... :icon_scratch: Let me ask was is flashing when you walked up on it or did it look like a spot of sunlight? ???

Nice find, awesome eye !! :notworthy: :notworthy: :headbang:

Keep @ It and HH!! :D ;D
I actually found it in the shade. I had just finished a quick slice of pizza and walked out, turned the corner to get out of the wind to light a smoke and just saw it laying there. Over the years I've found alot of jewelry in the city. Mostly single earrings. I wait till there's enough of them then sell em. I'm a color imaging tech in a walking territory so I'm constantly finding things on the ground. Also found three bags of weed this year along with a $50 bill. Always scanning the ground.
HH, Mike in NJ
 
I see, your like my cousin she would find $20, $50, or even $100 every time she went to the mall. I had a friend in school who always found bags of weed everywhere he went. You could take the kid to an Opera and he would find a bag of weed... :laughing9: Anyway. :icon_scratch:

I can't get over this find those are some real nice Diamonds. :o I'd say banner, but no one will give the recognition they deserve. :dontknow: How big are they? Put a pea next to them and take a picture, heh. :laughing7:

Fake stones or glass will flash when you walk up to them. :o A diamond looks like a spot of constant sunlight. :read2:

Awesome find !! :icon_thumleft:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D
 
Re: Yesterdays eyeball finds from the streets of Manhattan (update)

Well my wife took these diamonds to a local jeweler yesterday and was told they're glass. :'(
Maybe next time.
HH, Mike in NJ
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom