Yesterdays Goodies!!!!!!!1

engine 823

Dec 27, 2007
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
;D
Well started off the day by picking up the remainder of a box of halves. $150.00 worth. Same as the first part of the box, ( ALL 1994 P's )! Skunk Box! Went from there and opened a new accout at another bank which has a coin machine close to the house. Dumped $100.00 in nickels there. Told them up front I would be bringing around $2000.00 a week in coin there and they said that was fine as long as I helped to carry the heavy loads to the counter for them. I SAID NO PROBLEM!!! That afternoon went to two banks I had never been to before. First bank picked up 1 roll halves and around $4.00 loose halves. Second bank picked up 5 rolls halves and around $20.00 loose halves. Also got $150.00 in hand rolled dimes. SKUNK ON THE DIMES!! Teller at this bank said I would find no silver in her loose coin because she looks it for herself. Said I would take it any way. SHE PULLS OUT 2 PROOF KENNEDYS AND THROWS THEM ON THE COUNTER AS IF THEY WERE JUNK!!!!! ;D
Didn't say a word just picked them up.
Got home found
4 - 40% Kennedys
1989 S Proof Kennedy
1990 S Proof Kennedy
1951 Ben Franklin Half
I was happy with this but my wife was a little upset! She has not found a Ben yet and it just so happened it was in a roll I searched. I told her she would find one soon. Planning a all day bank run as soon as taxes come back.
Good Hunting!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Just learned how to post pics and thought you all would enjoy!!
Happy Hunting!!!!!!!

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 214
Congrats engine 823. I can totally relate about your wife. My wife searches with me and she is normally the one that opens most of the rolls with silver in them. Today I pulled more than her and she definitely noticed. She is always really happy when she pulls a Walker or a Franklin, like the rest of us.

E.....I think it is time you plant a Franklin so your wife can find it.

I'll tell you what I did once with my husband that I got a good laugh out of....when I first started CRH'ing he thought I was nuts. Then I started finding alot of silver and figured out how much it was worth.....well, he started paying attention then.

When I would come home with boxes he would sometimes search a few rolls here and there but not for the whole time. I had a box once that was loaded with silver and it seemed like silver in almost every roll...not really but it was a good box. I kept grabbing rolls that had silver and he seemed to be grabbing the rolls with all clad. He asked how I was getting all the rolls with silver....I told him the silver halves were a little bit bigger around than the clad....that to rub his finger along the roll and if he felt a bump or one that seemed a little bigger it had silver. I watched him rub his finger up & down 4-5 rolls until he finally saw the smirk on my face and I busted out laughing.....I then felt bad because I know it embarrassed him...he was a good sport about but he didn't search any more rolls with me that evening.

We still chuckle about that even today when it is brought up.....just wanted to share that little story.

You crack me up, LJ. :D Way to punk your man! (and that he had a good attitude about it)

Good one LJ.... I will remember that when I come down there and watch what tales you tell me!!!...LOL

Cat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back