Yipee! My Whites TRX Tip Protectors are in the manufacturing stage! PM me.

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a number of folks inquire about White's TRX tip Protectors, after I had the Garrett Tip Protectors made: ( http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...protectors-fits-origina-ii-set-3-shipped.html )

So...
I went back to the drawing board to try to make one that fit. It took 3 attempts (sorry for the delay), but I finally got the design fully worked out. It turned out the tapered end of the TRX was wicked tricky, and they're now in production. These are AWESOME, and fit so amazingly well. I couldn't be happier with the end product. The batch should arrive next week, and I will make a full post available at the same price for T-Net as the Garrett ones. The price is $8 for a set of 3. EDIT: Until the end of January 2018, I will send you a set of three for $5. PM me your e-mail address. But if you'd like a set shipped to you immediately upon receipt, rather than waiting for me to get around to posting it up, please let me know *PM (Private Message) me your e-mail address* and I'll send out a Paypal Invoice on Monday, January 30. I expect them to be in my hands on Tuesday or Wednesday (will confirm before I send Invoice), and it'll be shipped immediately. You'll get a tracking number the moment the shipping label gets created, and can follow at that time.

Here's some pictures of the new TRX Tip Protectors!

TRX 1.JPG

TRX 2.JPG

TRX 3.JPG

TRX 5.JPG

TRX 6.JPG

Here's a video of the install. It designed to take a bit of effort to get the cap on correctly (a firm palm press does the trick), because it's sized properly for the tapered shaft. My first two attempts started with OK (would protect, but I didn't like the slop in the tip area), then Adequate (fit, but felt like the taper wasn't accounted for), but this one is AWESOME. Installs to perfection, in my humble opinion! When using it, it was fantastic, had no play in it, and was a great fit, and didn't impact detection at all. It can be removed for cleaning, if necessary, but the fit is good enough, unless you were transferring the cap, it's unlikely you'd need to take it off. As with the Tip Protectors I had made for the Garrett Pro Pointers, there's no adhesive and no residue. AND.. these protectors are beefy enough you can swirl, poke, and prod to your hearts content without worry about material loss on the end of the pinpointer!

Cheers!

Skippy

Attachments

• TRX 4.JPG
    TRX 4.JPG
    723.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I have no clue how to send a PM from this site. Interested in the whites trx tips.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions