York PA rock hound turned artifact hunter

Jan 16, 2021
york
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an extensive collection of rocks and minerals from Pennsylvania, but the past few days I have been getting into searching for artifacts along the suski and related areas. I have found many arrow head shaped rocks but have been told all are just rocks so far. I have searched extensively for a "club" in york to hunt but alas, to no avail. I would be interested in starting one myself if enough people are interested. Please share if you deem this newbie worthy :headbang:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210114-231401_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210114-231401_Gallery.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M
Jan 16, 2021
york
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also would like to add I have been gathering any old map resources I can find on the net and imposing them over current GPS maps to pinpoint exact locations of camp sites and trading posts. It's tedious, and my girlfriend surely hates my new endeavor (she thought rocks were bad) but man do I love it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The picture you posted is not an artifact. I'm not far from York, but a lot of places near the river are places no one will let you look for anything! Its all about access these days.

OP
OP
M
Jan 16, 2021
york
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been having great luck with asking farmers and land owners to scout the land. And sucks I thought I finally found one. I do have a nice quartz flake in the shape of a point that I know is worked but it's the only piece I own currently:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread