What's new

You are froze, what is your favorite cold weather comfort food to warm up with?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2014
Messages
8,891
Reaction score
13,500
Golden Thread
0
Location
mid western ARK
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Usually we have a favorite food that really gets up warmed up just thinking about it waiting for us as we head home. maybe it isn't home where you go but there is something that you can already taste before you get there. For me, there is several that come to mind from a great stew or soup to chili or even hot steamy lasagna. There has been a few times that I was prepared for the cold with a wide mouth thermos of rice and beans or chowder. Give me some crackers or a hearty piece of bread to go with it and I am happy. Heck, a pot of pinto beans with ham and or smoked sausage is great too.
 
Anything my wife makes. She is a fantastic cook, but for cold weather I really like her Pho, and she makes a killer chicken wing soup. Creamy white with potatoes and chicken. I add more Franks Red Hot sauce to mine. Then there's her chili and her corn soup. but may absolute favorite dish is her whole chicken with mashed potatoes gravy and oven baked carrots.
 
My spicy chili with my grandmother's (91yo) clove pickles.....:occasion14:
 
My winter food is ice cream. Makes me feel warm all over.
 
Chili with a peanut butter sandwich or pinto beans and ham with some fried taters on the side.
 
Pozole, its the best warm your belly food I've ever had. Too bad I'm in Deutschland, they've never heard of the stuff.
 
Jack Daniels.
 
Hot Chili and a thick chunk of warm homemade bread to dip while it cools. Yummmm.
 
Delmarva (Eastern Shore of Maryland) old timey Chicken and Dumplings. And it's a good day for it here today!
 
The old standard of, as we know it, hamburger vegetable soup ans some cornbread...and Frank's hot sauce, "I put that s*$t on everything"!!
 
all of this food talk got me to put on a pot of Italian sausage cream and potatoes soup, very rich with garlic toasted bread. can't eat just one bowl LOL.
 
Good topic DT! It's snowing here now so my wife is making beef stew! Can't wait to sample it using some fresh Italian bread.
 
Chicken pot pie
 
Chitlins! Or as you yankees call them Chitterlings.
 
A hearty beef stew!! Cubed london broil, potatos, carrots, boiler onions, tomatos, green peppers, jalapeno peppers, and some dark red kidney beans. Warms one right up and sticks to the ribs.
 
Tomato soup (milk...not water!) loaded up with Chili Cheese Fritos. 😋
 
After getting on a nice warm pair of socks, then I would sit down to a delicious plate of Pinto Beans with Cornbread and Onions and a big heaping of skillet fried Potatoes (i.e. Home Fries). MMMMMMMmmmm!!
 
that Pozole does sound pretty good and it would be very hard to come by where he is LOL
 
Chitlins! Or as you yankees call them Chitterlings.

LOL. I call them "the part you leave in the woods for the coyotes". Or "sausage casings". ;-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom