You guys might want to sit down for this one...

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
I wasn't even supposed to be out this morning but circumstances changed and I was able to get out for a couple hours. Mark invited me to hunt with him, so I went over to where he was swinging for the day. I finally met Etrac007 and Lookin4Seated today, as they were out there too. Not too long after, DP Bob showed up and so we were all swinging away looking for the goods.

I wasn't getting too many good signals, other than perfect Indian head cent signals over and over that all ended up being those tiny little wine glass caps (smaller than a dime). In an attempt to escape those signals, I moved over to another area and picked up a couple clad dimes and memorials. Then, I got a bouncy penny-dime signal that was a little clipped-sounding, as if there was iron nearby. I had nothing to lose, so I dug it up.

The coin wasn't that deep and it fell from the plug into the hole. It was clear that is was a clad dime. I picked it up to look at it and saw the back, and on the back was the "ONE DIME" of a Barber. It was a Barber dime that was so dark, it looked like a clad. So I flipped it over to get a date, and wouldn't you know it, the coin was a SEATED! Shaking in disbelief, I called Mark, and a few minutes later, the entire gang came over to check it out. Thanks to Lookin4Seated for the water. It is a '91, barely a seated, but it counts! What a day.

Other than that, I only found a couple clad quarters, an old rusty flare gun, an old spur from a boot, and other miscellaneous relics. My only goal this year was to find a seated and it has been met today.

So guys, I give you, my first ever seated silver:

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 272

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
WOW!!! HOLY COW!!!

Congrats on that outstanding find, Joe!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king: :icon_king:

You get two kings for that one - one for the seated, and one for the great condition it's in!

Looks like the coin that was a long time coming was just you waiting to find one in superb condition!

WTG!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wink:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Well if it is your only seated from this year it's a winner! Beautiful condition Joe! I've pulled many seated dimes and few came out looking that good.

BTW, I always sit when T-Netting, never know what's gonna show up on the screen!

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Way to go Joe!!!!!

You're starting to freak me out a little here bud. It wasn't too long ago you talked about finding silver Roosies and the next day...BAM, you find a few.

Now, just yesterday I remember you said "One coin I really want to find before the end of the season is a seated dime" and look what happened.

Do me a favor and say something like "I really want to see Mike get that super sharp 1918 full date Standing Liberty quarter before the snow flies". Can you do that for me?
Thanks partner.
Mike
PS. Remember the words from your spirit guide "Use the powers you've been given for good and not evil". ;D

Attachments

• applause.gif
    applause.gif
    156.9 KB · Views: 274
  • applause.gif
    applause.gif
    156.9 KB · Views: 270
OP
OP
twistidd

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
"I really want to see Mike get that super sharp 1918 full date Standing Liberty quarter before the snow flies".

I said it!

BTW, the sitting-down comment was an intended pun, not sure it was understood, but then most things I say are out in left field, being taunted like Milton Bradley in right. ;D

Joe

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Ahh! Now I get it!

"You guys might want to sit down for this one..."

Seated dime...

Sitting, seated, taunted, uhh, teeted...

I like some of those old Milton Bradley board games too!

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
A big congratulations Joe! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Real nice condition too. A fantastic coin. Better come up with a new goal and get back out there.

Welcome to the seated club!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the "SEATED CLUB"

It was a thrill to be there.. To see you shaking was priceless...

I know I congratulated you in person but hey one more is well deserved so.....

Attachments

• THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 256
  • THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 256

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,
Here's a picture for you.

" The Newest Member of The Seated Club....."

Attachments

• Joe Seated 9-27-09.jpg
    Joe Seated 9-27-09.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 297

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, you had a terrific hunt today :thumbsup: and what a way to cap it off. . . with your FIRST Seated!

But, we really need to see a pic of that spur. . . I really think that's the "sleeper" of your hunt.
When I was at the Chisholm Trail hunt two years ago, one of the guys found one similar to
yours and it was pre-Civil War vintage so yours might be older than you think.

Anyway, GREAT hunt :wink:

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT JOB FINDING YOUR FIRST SEATED DIME ! SURE WAS NICE TO MEET YOU AND SEE YOU FIND YOUR FIRST SEATED DIME. WTG!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Wow, way to go Joe! I know you're probably still in disbelief. That's the same year as my first, but your's is really crisp (meaning sweet, not burnt ;D ) I'd like to see some nice Marcros of it when ya get a chance. Big congrads on your 1st Seated!!! :thumbsup: :headbang: :hello2: :icon_thumleft:

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I was looking for that today....L.O.L................Congrats on that seated Twisted....You desirve it....

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again Congrats on that Seated. You know there's more out there. :thumbsup:

Good finally meeting you too today.

Now we have to find seated quarters. ;D

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job buddy, she is perfect!!!!! :headbang:

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find!!! Still on my wish list. If I had found that, the coin wouldn't of been the only thing seated. WTG Joe!
HH
John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread